User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    nnnn

Default I made a gift for an INFJ

My INFJ friend is going abroad to study for two years. I'm not big on presents and distance isn't that much of a thing to me...but I felt like she might appreciate a token of support and I wanted to express that support...the first thing that came to my mind when people were taking about presents was to grab my Canadian novels (I izz lit major...she likes Canada a lot) and read parts of them till I found quotes that I intuitively associated with her...so I wrote the quotes down in black and red pen...some are uplifting, others not so much...but I think they are suitable and inspiring...they deal with pieces of her that are important to her. At first I was going to just give her the quotes (rolled up and tied with a ribbon yes yes), but then I realised that that was a very Fi thing to do...so I personalised it a little and added a short message at the end. Still, compared to the letters my ENFJ friend writes, this is seriously lacking in verbally expressed/direct appreciation...but I am me and I really can't see myself writing "I love you so much and cherish our many years together etc. etc."...

How would you react to my gift, INFJs? (I'm not looking for advice, I'm going to give her my gift...I'm just curious as to your reactions)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I think it sounds like a lovely gift. Your friend will really appreciate that you put so much thought into it...or I would, anyway. And I like that you're more subtly expressing your regard if the direct route isn't you. She'll still get it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

It displays a lot of thought. If it was a SO, I think they would still wish you said a little more, even if they guessed how you felt. In this case, I think it would be happily received and recognized for the effort you put in to personalizing it for her.

MBTI
    nnnn

Cool. I thought it was interesting to see how the Fi-Fe thing played out in such things.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Even being Fe, I'm still a little bit reserved with expressing affection, depending on the receiver. If it's someone who's really effusive and affectionate, it's no problem for me to say, "I love you so much." But if it's someone who's more sparing and discerning, I'm more aware of that and don't want to go over the top and seem insincere or make them uncomfortable. I have to build up to expressing how I really feel.

On the flip side of that, I take note of who's giving a gift (or any display of affection) and consider what it means coming from them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by hokie912 View Post
    Even being Fe, I'm still a little bit reserved with expressing affection, depending on the receiver. If it's someone who's really effusive and affectionate, it's no problem for me to say, "I love you so much." But if it's someone who's more sparing and discerning, I'm more aware of that and don't want to go over the top and seem insincere or make them uncomfortable. I have to build up to expressing how I really feel.

On the flip side of that, I take note of who's giving a gift (or any display of affection) and consider what it means coming from them.
    This. Calibration for personality comes into play, so I think it will work.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Aww, that was sweet and thoughtful. You really didn't have to go to all that trouble, though.

That sounds like something I could definitely appreciate... knowing what kind of things a person who knows me associates with me. I think she'll definitely appreciate it.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by hokie912 View Post
    you put so much thought into it
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    It displays a lot of thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    thoughtful
    Lol.

I just can't hide it.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Not bad at all

I want to make one suggestion. Add something she'll need where she's going, it'll really show your support for her doing this. It doesn't have to be big either
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I would absolutely love that (of course, it helps that I am a lover of literature!). I agree that it is so thoughtful and personal and it shows that you took the time and you really thought about something that SHE would appreciate.