User Tag List

View Poll Results: NF's would you desribe yourselves as 'happy'?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an ENFP and I would call myself happy

9 16.36%
  • I'm an ENFP and I wouldn't call myself happy

2 3.64%
  • I'm an ENFP and this question is too personal

2 3.64%
  • I'm an ENFP and this question is shitty, naive, and unanswerable

1 1.82%
  • I'm an INFJ and I would call myself happy

8 14.55%
  • I'm an INFJ and I wouldn't call myself happy

3 5.45%
  • I'm an INFJ and this question is too personal

0 0%
  • I'm an INFJ and this question is shitty, naive, and unanswerable

7 12.73%
  • I'm an ENFJ and I would call myself happy

1 1.82%
  • I'm an ENFJ and I wouldn't call myself happy

0 0%
  • I'm an ENFJ and this question is too personal

0 0%
  • I'm an ENFJ and this question is shitty, naive, and unanswerable

0 0%
  • I'm an INFP and I would call myself happy

6 10.91%
  • I'm an INFP and I wouldn't call myself happy

10 18.18%
  • I'm an INFP and this question is too personal

2 3.64%
  • I'm an INFP and this question is shitty, naive, and unanswerable

4 7.27%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

So... ENFP's are happy. INFJ's are happy more than unhappy. INFP's usually aren't happy. ENFJ's couldn't care less either way.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

i don't know one happy infp irl. they are all discontent, and the more changes they make to try and become content, like divorce, seems to just make them more pathetically unhappy.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFP

Generally yes, I have satisfaction in most areas of life and I am happy with it.

I'm studying what I love, while I'm not rich, I'm comfortable and I have pretty close friends and a very good boyfriend.

I'm rather dissatisfied in the sense I think I haven't achieved enough but I have the rest of my life to do that. Could use more money (Who doesn't?!?) and been through some tough times but I have overcome it
    I am an ENFP but I value justice over mercy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    i don't know one happy infp irl. they are all discontent, and the more changes they make to try and become content, like divorce, seems to just make them more pathetically unhappy.
    Being human is hard. Being INFP is... well, my first thirty years were crap. It's taken me five more years of studying emotional intelligence, but I'm happy now. And about time!
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    So... ENFP's are happy. INFJ's are happy more than unhappy. INFP's usually aren't happy. ENFJ's couldn't care less either way.
    . I would've concluded: ENFP's are happy. INFJ's are happy and smartasses. Some INFP's are happy, some don't like giving themselves labels, and some are not happy. ENFJ's don't exist.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I'm happy until I think about it.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    If you could hit the reset switch for another roll of the dice, you wouldn't.
    Of course, you may just not reset because you may end up unhappier.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Nope.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Default What is happiness?

I am beginning to believe that happiness is the ability to live in the moment - in the sense of just enjoying the present, not letting the past or future take over.

It's different from living purely for or on impulse like I have in the past. It also doesn't mean ignoring or sweeping the past under a large rug. I'm getting better at making peace with the past, preparing for the future but living only in the present. I'm learning how to do this and like it so far....

*Tries to copy Kyueei's cartwheel and injures herself.*

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    Being human is hard. Being INFP is... well, my first thirty years were crap. It's taken me five more years of studying emotional intelligence, but I'm happy now. And about time!
    well, that's awesome! maybe it just takes y'all a few decades to figure it out? do you think that what you go through as infp somehow evens out, or rewards you in other ways others can't achieve? like, does your suffering and exploration of life bring you to a place where you end up having a better understanding of things/life and more peace? or can an infp really only expect/hope to be basically content?

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    I am beginning to believe that happiness is the ability to live in the moment - in the sense of just enjoying the present, not letting the past or future take over.
    i was going to write some version of this too. but then i realized, and have before, that as infj i derive much of my happiness from living in the future, and feeling content about that in the present moment, because that is how i simply work. as enfp, i am sure you are happiest living in the moment, based on what i know about enfps, plus p types in general seem to be able to do this more.

like all the self-help books, buddhism, other philosophies talk about the Goal being to live in the moment, but i have come to believe, while there are benefits to that way of living for most, that it is not really how some people are made. and to force myself to think and feel and live only in the moment is really doing myself a disservice in many ways and not being who i really am.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com