User Tag List

First 12

Thread: NF Imagination

MBTI
    GONE

Default Suggestions for help

My bad -- I forgot the *constructive part*!

I agree, be physical in your body. Be present. Learn how to live and BE in yourself. The mind-body-emotion-X connection is very real.

Some people do yoga, some like dance -- just do anything that let's you experience the physicality of the present.

Channel your excess anxiety doubts fears etc. into something creative that makes you feel deep and/or happy. Writing, painting, pottery, weaving, singing -- etc.

Get enough sleep, drink enough water, eat regular meals.

It's amazing how these basic things which equal living a good life can do for yourself. And also amazing how some people have horrible horrible habits when it comes to these things and how badly it affects their moods.

Don't self-medicate with coffee, nicotine, drugs, sex, alcohol. This will just make your life a mess and not help with the root of the problem.

And definitely see a professional. Your issue may be neurological and not psychological/chemical. Neurological issues are a different animal.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I've never experienced stuff like this. I think I was subconsciously forced to live in reality or something. This is definitely where I don't have the typical NF imagination. Although, what I've read on here fascinates me. I want whatever you guys are on, lol.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yup. And I enjoy living in that world. Mine doesn't come with demons though.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP

I just tell myself that I can be stronger than my own inner demons and it doesn't bother me then.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Are these things really related to being NF? I know that I have suffered from OCD behavior and extreme social anxiety, especially as a child through adolescence through early adulthood. In highschool, walking through the crowds between classes (and I went to a very small school of just a few high school hundred students overall) would make me *panic* and get too excited so I would repeat numbers to "calm myself down" --> this is actually an OCD behavior. Even as a child though, for a period I would cough in threes or clear my throat repeatedly and it became noticeable to adults around me and they had me stop it.

OCD behavior at its root is an extreme need to control your environment and to go through motions of having control when in reality you don't have it or you don't feel you have it and moreover, you KNOW that eveyrone else knows that you know that they know that you don't have control. It's sick.

As for hearing voices or metaphysical fears -- I suffered from night terrors as a child. I would always wake up in a sweat in the middle of the night with teh covers over my head PARALYZED and unable to move. I would panic because I was smothering under my blanket. I would muster up all my energy and kick out my legs and that would usually cure it.

Night terrors/paralysis is actually quite common especially in childhood and most people confuse it with 'astral projection' or 'possession' or other exotic things.

I also had horrific nightmares but I think that's associated with and normal with experiencing trauma and/or abuse as a child, so again, not unusual in context.

As a child once or twice I heard voices and found no person to attach with the voice, but again, isn't this normal for childhood? Also, I think I could explain it with something logical, like I was hearing another conversation floating over and mistook it for someone speaking to me.

Just another perspective.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I experienced all the things you mentioned.

Ombaaraminayasabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

When I was younger I used to be very sensitive to what I saw the previous day. I would get horrible nightmares if I saw a scary show (Or even Bugs Bunny, the episode where he meets Jekyll and Hyde). I had the classic 'monsters under the bed' but this was more of a cannibal gremlin which I saw in a too-real dream while sleeping on the floor.

A book my librarian read to my class for Halloween made me afraid of my closet for years. I had to keep my head covered at night or I would imagine it as a giant greening face with ugly teeth.

I also had a recurring nightmare that had an extreme foreboding mood to it. Like the wastelands of Hell, but not to that extreme.

My dad has a story of when I was a baby he was dreaming of a demon on my crib, he felt it was a nightmare until he hear what he thought was my soul cry out for help. At this is rushed to my room and prayed and prayed until he didn't feel the dark spirit in the room. He's an INFJ.

As for OCD, I have a habit where I tap my fingers and make invisible 'layers' on the desk or whatever and I do what I can to keep it even. I don't do it often anymore.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post

You took the words right out of my mouth. I experienced all the things you mentioned.

and i'll be the 3rd person on that bandwagon to have experienced CzeCze's post identically.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

According to most people, I have no imagination. However, I do have an insanely good, albeit very weird, imagination...I just can't consciously control it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I have not hallucinated for at least 20 years. When I was a small child though, I would see things that weren't there now & then. For example, at night I would see my mom come into my doorway to check on me, but then she wasn't there. These weren't dreams, because I'd get up out of bed and wake her up and ask if she just came to check on me. I had very vivid dreams as a kid, but could definitely tell which where dreams and which happened when I was awake at that age.

I had one instance where I was dreaming, then when I woke up I saw my dream being played out on a TV-like screen on the wall of the bedroom for about 3-4 seconds after I woke up, then it faded.

In another instance, I woke up, got scared, looked down the hallway, and got up out of bed and ran around the foot of the bed and down the hallway and "BAM" right into the wall. The hallway was actually the opposite direction of the way I ran. There was just a bit of reflection of light from the real hallway that was falling again the wall where I had been looking, but I could actually see down the hallway to the stairs at the end when I awoke by looking at the wall.

Other instances where I was definitely awake was where I would see my dad during the day. For example, I'd see him come up out of the basement, then go through the porch and outside. I'd go outside to look for him but he wouldn't be there, and my mom would say he was still in town.

I did used to sometimes see blue flashes of light during the day, but they were very brief and intermittent and were a rarity. Interestingly, I would sometimes see this exact same blue flash (right down to the shape, hue, and layers of color intensity from blue to white) in dreams in various connotations, usually in conjunction with explosions.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

My over active imagination never ceases to amaze me.

I'm often concerned on whether or not people will think I'm unintelligent/crazy/paranoid because of it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge