User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I dunno guys, I feel like I've responded to so many of these Fe threads from a Fe-doms perspective only to get told "I do that too!" by a non-Fe user that these are almost pointless. Either Fe users use Fe in a way that is particular to them or anyone can do Fe.

OK, here's one: Going to Whole Foods Market and noticing everyone is bringing their own grocery bags.

What is NOT Fe: Using one because everyone else has one.
    What is - bringing one because a friend asked you to bring one along, "for me".

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    What is - bringing one because a friend asked you to bring one along, "for me".
    I pulled that from the center of my ass. Extrapolate as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    No..Fi asks itself how it would feel in this situation and transfers it to the other person with the right adjustements based on context and background of the person. That's like typical of Fi. So yet again, I'm still looking for an answer to those original questions I posed.
    I no longer have distinguishing Fe-specific experiences/responses because I don't recognize them any more and the ones I thought were seem not to be. I mean what I can I say? I do that too. I ask myself how would I feel in a situation.
    Last edited by proteanmix; 09-02-2009 at 04:41 PM. Reason: merged posts
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

From what I can see, Fe is more concerned with making others feel comfortable, even when you'd rather not, and it expects others to do the same and gets on them when they don't. Fi is more individualistic and about being true to yourself and giving others the space to do the same. To Fe users, that can seem moody/selfish or uncaring at times. To Fi users, Fe seems a little pushy and cohearsive/manipulative.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I like how we haven't gotten any actual answers. People agree that what has been described isn't descriptive of Fe... but we get nothing to go on.

I'm sure we're smart enough to realize what the dominant function does and all that, but you can still define what a function fundamentally does. And yes I read what you put Lauren Ashley, but that is just a bit too broad. Fe use is much more than what you described...

So... yeah. I've literally never seen an answer to this question, what Fe exactly is in MBTI terms. The threads ALWAYS get derailed, get turned into Fe bash fests, and/or turn into fluff/flirting.
    I would like to understand what Fe users think of Fe and how they would describe it.

I do share Fidelia's thoughts on Fe. That's how I see it too.

Fe is a function I struggle a lot with in real life...I wanna be nice...but not at the expense of my very well defined context-independent values.

Just....group mentality in itself is something that bugs me.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Fe is a function I struggle a lot with in real life...I wanna be nice...but not at the expense of my very well defined context-independent values.

Just....group mentality in itself is something that bugs me.
    I think being Fe in public doesnt exclude individuality.

It takes some development of your own self in life until you reach the point at which you may think you can safely say know to be confident with yourself, but when you did, you can be the nicest person to everyone: but from your own perspective.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Somehow I get the feeling that Fe is like how I act when I'm a bit drunk- I respond nicely and socialize in an active and friendly way, but I don't actually care (in a personal sense) about the other person. Meaning, I like them just fine in the context in which we are conversing, and I respect them as people, but I just don't really care about them on a deeper level. Not that I might not care about them on a deeper, more personal level in the future, or that I don't think that they deserve that kind of caring, but I just don't care about them like that at the moment. Yet, that doesn't stop me from engaging in some pretty wonderful conversations and interaction.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Somehow I get the feeling that Fe is like how I act when I'm a bit drunk- I respond nicely and socialize in an active and friendly way, but I don't actually care (in a personal sense) about the other person. Meaning, I like them just fine in the context in which we are conversing, and I respect them as people, but I just don't really care about them on a deeper level. Not that I might not care about them on a deeper, more personal level in the future, or that I don't think that they deserve that kind of caring, but I just don't care about them like that at the moment. Yet, that doesn't stop me from engaging in some pretty wonderful conversations and interaction.
    spur of the moment, exactly ! It's not good and it's not evil, it's like this song:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5j46uSKiYI"].[/YOUTUBE]

It needs some time to develop and then it goes boooooom like an explosion and then it ends for the time being.

Everything after that, if it should come to after that, with a person, is the real gettin to know each other.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Hehe - yeah I never thought about it that way, but you're right. The Fi users I know only interact enthusiastically with or go way out of their way for those that they feel intensely about. And the other people, it's sort of hit and miss depending on how they are feeling right then. For me, I will seem more impersonally caring in a general sense, but it may not indicate deeply felt emotion on my part. But Orangey summed it up perfectly - better than I could.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    When I am Fe-ing, I really do care about the other person. Every person leaves an indelible and individual mark on me. I suppose I could also do the light socializing and pleasantries, but to me that's very superficial and banal. Although this just might be me and the way I approach it, with the narrowing and focusing influence of Ni leading.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    When I am Fe-ing, I really do care about the other person. Every person leaves an indelible and individual mark on me. I suppose I could also do the light socializing and pleasantries, but to me that's very superficial and banal. Although this just might be me and the way I approach it, with the narrowing and focusing influence of Ni leading.
    I mean that I don't care about the other person in the sense that I don't know (or want to know) about their deepest feelings, secrets, or what have you. I just enjoy and respect them as a person during the moments of interaction, and I go from there. If I want to get to know them on a deeper level afterward, I will. But that's not required for me to be nice and enthusiastic during interaction (though for me, as an INTP, alcohol is almost always required, or else I'm not open to anybody, close or not ).
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness