User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    STP

I want to keep pointing out the psoitives sides as well and how it comes out. Texas has new laws regarding school zones, boosters, etc and she takes it upon herself to call everyone she knows that these laws will affect so they dont get caught off guard.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    So when internal feelings take over they feel like crap that they just blew up. I have had my wife get mad at me because she got onto me about something and she thought her getting onto me made her look like an ass to someone else.
    LOL!

I've been there, my friend.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    We have essence and then we have reality and actual use cases. you are not Fe dom so you dont retreat to Fe to remain in control. I retreat to Ti to remain in control since its my dominant function. I am sure ENFPs retreat to Ne to remain in control.
    That's why this isn't an accurate presentation of how Fe works. If it was it would be able to apply to all types with a prominent Fe, not just Fe dominants. This is more of an anecdotal account of how an Fe-dom might express his/herself when frustrated. Also, keep in mind that ExxJs are "in-charge" and "get things going" types so they are more prone to force their will under stress.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Wanna wrassle, sweet thang?! *wiggles eyebrows*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

To me, Fe is basically the thing that makes a person more sensitive to how their actions affect others. Thus it also learns cultural and social norms and keeps them in mind, whether or not that information is valued depends on the situation and the person.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Wanna wrassle, sweet thang?! *wiggles eyebrows*
    '... Says Gertrude, the 6 foot tall, three hundred pound underground kickboxing heavyweight champion... in the MENS category.'

(Thats what I was imagining when I read that )
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Well, that would be the standard definition, but people with Fi also do this to certain extent, hence my question.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I like how we haven't gotten any actual answers. People agree that what has been described isn't descriptive of Fe... but we get nothing to go on.

I'm sure we're smart enough to realize what the dominant function does and all that, but you can still define what a function fundamentally does. And yes I read what you put Lauren Ashley, but that is just a bit too broad. Fe use is much more than what you described...

So... yeah. I've literally never seen an answer to this question, what Fe exactly is in MBTI terms. The threads ALWAYS get derailed, get turned into Fe bash fests, and/or turn into fluff/flirting.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Fe's easy. You understand other people's emotional states in the context of how you would feel if you were in their position. Fe-attacks are so effective because they're essentially asking themselves "what could I say that would make me feel the most like crap right now if I were them?"

Enneagram
    1w2

I dunno guys, I feel like I've responded to so many of these Fe threads from a Fe-doms perspective only to get told "I do that too!" by a non-Fe user that these are almost pointless. Either Fe users use Fe in a way that is particular to them or anyone can do Fe.

OK, here's one: Going to Whole Foods Market and noticing everyone is bringing their own grocery bags.

What is NOT Fe: Using one because everyone else has one.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

No..Fi asks itself how it would feel in this situation and transfers it to the other person with the right adjustements based on context and background of the person. That's like typical of Fi. So yet again, I'm still looking for an answer to those original questions I posed.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”