• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP/NF's what kind of activities help you relax?

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
falling to sleep?

ACK

I find my days so over stimulated with kids and the hubby (an entp) and the dog that by the time everyone goes to sleep I feel wide awake b/c I selfishly like the alone time of night. The odd thing is that the kids are in school from 9-3 every day and I am home but I just like night time... it's a better silence I suppose

I just go online with lame TV rambling in the back ground and wait till I get super sleepy, then I snuggle into bed and stair outside till my eyes are heavy enough to close.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Writing in a journal/notebook before i lay down.
Being worn out from exercise.
Singing along with my music.
A good phone conversation.

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Yoga is my ultimate for relaxation. Reading, hot baths, and listening to music are also useful, but I find stimulating my brain does not encourage sleep. I'll just stay awake all night reading or listening to music!
I need to expend all of my energy and shut my thoughts down to fall asleep, which is why I find getting enough sleep to be so difficult. All emotional energy must be gone, if that means lying in bed sorting through it or trying to escape it for hours. Fortunately, I'm rarely that worked up nowadays. :cheese:

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I always leave the tv on, but I put it down to it's lowest volume without muting it completely, so the sound's kinda faint.

FaithBW

MBTI Type
INFP
Reading, watching my favorite figure skaters in past performances where they did really well, listening to classical, some jazz, easy listening and slow R&B. If I really, really need to relax and calm down, reading the Qur'an and thinking silently about nothing but God helps too.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
My hours are all messes up currently. It takes me a while to get feel slightly sleepy. I usually read and listen to music until I can't keep my eyes open anymore. But I like taking sleeping meds because it's just faster.

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I guess I should follow up. I've managed to find a super reliable solution- the only one to date:

I try to go to sleep at 11 every night, but I don't. I HAVE to wake up at 6:30 every morning even if it's just to get out of bed to turn off my alarm clock so I can go back to sleep, this will still keep me REM cycle basically in check. Both bed and waking time drastically affect me (and everybody from what my doctors have told me), but waking time is the most important thing out of any of the things you could possibly do.

Ideally I'd dance right after I wake up too, but this is not really possible with my house and schedule. I wish I could say any rigorous physical activity work to wake a person up, maybe you're one of those lucky people, but I tried aerobics classes and running and just found them too boring. Dance is mentally and emotionally stimulating as well as rigorous for me and thus provides a much better kick- so if you can find something that fulfills these things for you that's your morning routine.

Also super super important: I wear earplugs and have curtains that will keep out any light (even in the daytime). These two things plus the 6:30 waking time have made sleep reliable for me where I was otherwise an stress-dependent insomniac. Now I can sleep even when I'm stressed- soo much better.

Oh, and the fan has to be on high, since temperature also really affects how you sleep, 65 degrees C is about right for me, the noise from the fan helps too. Having an open window may be good if you can, so you get the proper amount of oxygen when you sleep as well.

MrRandom88

MBTI Type
INFP
What kind of activities help you sleep at night too (and I don't mean chemical stuff)?

crank one out, for real.

also, i just eat pretty damn healthy and exercise regularly so my sleep habits arn't all that bad.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
what is this "sleep" you all seem so fond of?

MrRandom88

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't sleep, I wait.

heh, jk...i get those 8 hours of beauty sleep typically.

Jon_sparky

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
nine
This is a good thread, makes me relax, LOL!
I like to play music, Irish flute. But if I am really stressed I just take a nap, usually about 6pm. Then I will stay up late, cause I slept 3 hours...:cry:
Anther good relaxing technique, I give myself acupuncture.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I love going to the temples.. the vibes there are just sooo serene/relaxing, minus my tinnitis, and the smell of incense.. takes me to another place..

I love going to the beach and hearing the waves crash while the wind whispers across my face. Then I dodge for seagulls! :glasses:

Bubble baths with candlight is nice too. Soft music. Enya makes me relax.

What else? Pilates stretches too. I think hammocks would be nice.

Sometimes, the sound of listening to people talk is actually relaxing for me.. it murmurs me to sleep, especially in a car ride after carbohydrate consumption. :)

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm a little old fashioned...like the A-Team, old fashioned.

I love it when a plan comes together! There is nothing in this world more relaxing to me. :)

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I do this unit origami. I was making a lot of it recently when I was under a lot of emotional stress. My hands just go and it kind of quiets my mind. In that way for me it is a little piece of zen.

MafiaAngel180

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have really bad stress management....so I turn to my old friend, masturbation. While reading would be my second choice. :D