User Tag List

First 1234 Last

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

falling to sleep?

ACK

I find my days so over stimulated with kids and the hubby (an entp) and the dog that by the time everyone goes to sleep I feel wide awake b/c I selfishly like the alone time of night. The odd thing is that the kids are in school from 9-3 every day and I am home but I just like night time... it's a better silence I suppose

I just go online with lame TV rambling in the back ground and wait till I get super sleepy, then I snuggle into bed and stair outside till my eyes are heavy enough to close.
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Writing in a journal/notebook before i lay down.
    Being worn out from exercise.
    Singing along with my music.
    A good phone conversation.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Yoga is my ultimate for relaxation. Reading, hot baths, and listening to music are also useful, but I find stimulating my brain does not encourage sleep. I'll just stay awake all night reading or listening to music!
    I need to expend all of my energy and shut my thoughts down to fall asleep, which is why I find getting enough sleep to be so difficult. All emotional energy must be gone, if that means lying in bed sorting through it or trying to escape it for hours. Fortunately, I'm rarely that worked up nowadays.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

I always leave the tv on, but I put it down to it's lowest volume without muting it completely, so the sound's kinda faint.
    [SIGPIC]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/KamikazePigeonOnFire/untitled-39.jpg[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Reading, watching my favorite figure skaters in past performances where they did really well, listening to classical, some jazz, easy listening and slow R&B. If I really, really need to relax and calm down, reading the Qur'an and thinking silently about nothing but God helps too.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

My hours are all messes up currently. It takes me a while to get feel slightly sleepy. I usually read and listen to music until I can't keep my eyes open anymore. But I like taking sleeping meds because it's just faster.

MBTI
    ENFP

I guess I should follow up. I've managed to find a super reliable solution- the only one to date:

I try to go to sleep at 11 every night, but I don't. I HAVE to wake up at 6:30 every morning even if it's just to get out of bed to turn off my alarm clock so I can go back to sleep, this will still keep me REM cycle basically in check. Both bed and waking time drastically affect me (and everybody from what my doctors have told me), but waking time is the most important thing out of any of the things you could possibly do.

Ideally I'd dance right after I wake up too, but this is not really possible with my house and schedule. I wish I could say any rigorous physical activity work to wake a person up, maybe you're one of those lucky people, but I tried aerobics classes and running and just found them too boring. Dance is mentally and emotionally stimulating as well as rigorous for me and thus provides a much better kick- so if you can find something that fulfills these things for you that's your morning routine.

Also super super important: I wear earplugs and have curtains that will keep out any light (even in the daytime). These two things plus the 6:30 waking time have made sleep reliable for me where I was otherwise an stress-dependent insomniac. Now I can sleep even when I'm stressed- soo much better.

Oh, and the fan has to be on high, since temperature also really affects how you sleep, 65 degrees C is about right for me, the noise from the fan helps too. Having an open window may be good if you can, so you get the proper amount of oxygen when you sleep as well.
    Holy sh**t a talking muffin!

All shotguns and lace.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by thinkinjazz View Post
    What kind of activities help you sleep at night too (and I don't mean chemical stuff)?
    crank one out, for real.

also, i just eat pretty damn healthy and exercise regularly so my sleep habits arn't all that bad.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

what is this "sleep" you all seem so fond of?
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    what is this "sleep" you all seem so fond of?
    sleep is for the cool