User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Question INFP and ENFP CONFUSION!!

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT ANOTHER 'AM I AN ENFP OR INFP?' THREAD.

It seems like ENFPs often times confuse themselves as INFPs.

INFPs thinking they are ENFPs..ENFPs thinking they are INFPs..switching types a lot. I did it myself, I thought I was an INFP for a while before I thought I was an ENFP.

I still don't really know what I am, though.

But that's not the point of this thread.

My question: Why do so many ENFPs think they are introverted? Is it true when they say that ENFPs are the most introverted extroverts? Does it have something to do with the dynamics of Fi and how we are so called natural non comformists?

Just wondering. I think it would sort out a lot of the confusion, for me even, because I am always wondering.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Intuition is naturally internal. So you are leading with Ne, something that is internal, even though you're an extrovert. It's confusing. It's the same with ISJs, they lead with Si, something that is externally focused, but they're an introvert.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Intuition is naturally internal. So you are leading with Ne, something that is internal, even though you're an extrovert. It's confusing. It's the same with ISJs, they lead with Si, something that is externally focused, but they're an introvert.
    You're knowledge never ceases to amaze me. This makes sense to me, actually.

I want to know if other ENFPs feel the same way as I do.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yes. Ne is still sorta an "internal process". people can't see your thought ruminations, only how you act on them. ENTP's have a similar dynamic

I'm totally confused by this...
    but when i read enfp profile i can find myself 90%, in infp only 50%...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post

My question: Why do so many ENFPs think they are introverted? Is it true when they say that ENFPs are the most introverted extroverts? Does it have something to do with the dynamics of Fi and how we are so called natural non comformists?
    I think it has to do with the confusion between extroversion and being social. ENFPs tend to be far less social than other Es. This is due to (1) depression/ being unhappy which causes us to withdraw, and more broadly: (2) extroverted intuition is not a readily understood language, and that makes social interaction less satisfying.

Enjoying social contact isn't always easy. Having to explain the million loose associations that spring up in a single sentence gets old fast. People tend to not understand us, and/or dismiss us as eccentric, or some sort of entertaining prop to be enjoyed but not considered.

Anyway, that's probably why many of us feel nonsocial and so mistaken ourselves for introverts.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Haha. I used to wish I was ENFP, but I had no doubt I was INFP.

However I have alright extroversion I like to think.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I think people get confused with what extroversion really is. I think it was Wonka that made an awesome post about extroversion being simply drawing things from outside of yourself for energy.. Be it nature, people, etc. Isolation from the outside world in general, not just people and socializing. People see extroversion and read people.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i often feel like i'm not an extrovert...but...i relate to the enfp profile more than infp...maybe it's my developed fe...or maybe it's one of my values to not behave in some of the typical extroverted ways...maybe it's from seeing other extroverts and feeling how others perceived them and deciding to curb those instincts within myself.

but yes...i know i am...i may just wish i was less so....sometimes...and...um...more so other times... :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm one of these INFP/ENFP on the fence people, so I relate. Don't know that I have anything helpful to contribute, though.