• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] xNFP's more elegant than xNFJ's?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can't believe I'm the one doing this but:

Definition ethereal:

Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; intangible. NFP?
Highly refined; delicate. See synonyms at airy. NFJ?

Of the celestial spheres; heavenly. NFJ?
Not of this world; spiritual. NFP?
Chemistry. Of or relating to ether.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ok, time for me to veer off into another tangent.

In the same thread where NFP's were called more 'elegant' than NFJ's, it was also said that they're inner lives were more meaningful than that of NFJ's, which I also had to disagree. I think both NFP inner lives and NFJ inner lives are fascinating in their own ways. Here's the way I see it:

NFP inner lives tend to be more vibrant, colorful, vivid, and broad.

NFJ inner lives tend to be more calm, complex, layered, and deep.

Thoughts?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Think that's more E/I difference probably.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

In the same thread where NFP's were called more 'elegant' than NFJ's, it was also said that they're inner lives were more meaningful than that of NFJ's, which I also had to disagree. I think both NFP inner lives and NFJ inner lives are fascinating in their own ways. Here's the way I see it:

Thoughts?

what thread was this?????

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Thoughts?

I think it's too general to discuss. I think you can have both, even at the same time. And making a claim like that is completete BS - NFPs having more meaningful inner lives.

But as a general rule of thumb, I think you got that right.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
To stay on the Lord of the Rings note- xNFPs would be more like a Frodo or an Aragorn, stuck between the good and the bad, lost on the path, wandering into their own destiny with foggy glasses, following their hearts.

Very nicely put, OneWithSoul. :hug:

Perfectly describes my 34 years on this earth. :)

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Why so surprised?

I'm just not familiar with whatever thread that came from, that's all.

I haven't been following the threads as much as I used to, but regardless that's not ringing any bells.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm just not familiar with whatever thread that came from, that's all.

I haven't been following the threads as much as I used to, but regardless that's not ringing any bells.
I'm pretty sure it was an INFJ who said that. NF's are just so self-deprecating that they'll compliment anyone but themselves.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Very nicely put, OneWithSoul. :hug:

Perfectly describes my 34 years on this earth. :)

Thanks, man.

It perfectly describes the time I have spent on this earth, too. Which has been 17 years. I'm half your age, but the road is the same, my friend. :)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Perfect clip!

An INFP barely getting by, regretting his choice to leave behind the one true hope he had, and hardly knowing where to go.

And an INFJ holding out a firm hand to kick start him back into gear.

It's perfect! Great clip.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyone for posting the clip of Arwen encouraging Aragorn? As a way of comparison maybe?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
NFPs? Elegant? :shock:

What are you going to ask next, if INFPs are smarter than INTJs?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This is all I could find:

The essence of NFP:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQLF81USBow&feature=related"]Arwen's Choice[/YOUTUBE]

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Make sure you jump to 9:10 in the first video before you start watching, and then watch the second video.

YouTube - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Part. 14

YouTube - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Part. 15

I love how Harry seems to be so boxed in, so deprived of hope. Then he summons up all his courage in that incredible look of determination he puts on at 9:25, stands up to Voldemort, and makes it out alive. Very courageous. And I know that a lot of people seem to disagree with Harry being an INFP. But, as far as I'm concerned, he's an INFP, and that clip right there is a great INFP moment period.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Make sure you jump to 9:10 in the first video before you start watching, and then watch the second video.

YouTube - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Part. 14

YouTube - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Part. 15

I love how Harry seems to be so boxed in, so deprived of hope. Then he summons up all his courage in that incredible look of determination he puts on at 9:25, stands up to Voldemort, and makes it out alive. Very courageous. And I know that a lot of people seem to disagree with Harry being an INFP. But, as far as I'm concerned, he's an INFP, and that clip right there is a great INFP moment period.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Seriously. I have ALWAYS typed Harry as an INFP, and everyone thinks he's an ISFP, which never see.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Try this one:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51uuolDqH0A&feature=related"] Arwen and Aragorn[/YOUTUBE]

and this:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVGdHqtVRyM&feature=related"]Aragorn and Arwen[/YOUTUBE]

I'd say this is an NFP encouraging and inspiring an NFJ to find his path, to put aside his shame, his fear of failing his people, and embrace his destiny, be the great man he clearly could be, should be, and finally allow himself to be who he is.

Any thoughts on the comparison between the three clips?