User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

And Frodo is not to be called elegant.
    Would you call him 'graceful', perhaps?

I think that might be the distinction right there. xNFP's are 'graceful', whereas xNFJ's are 'elegant'.

And yes, that's a generalization. Keep in mind that I'm fully aware that there are probably plenty of exceptions to these generalizations that I'm making. I'm just looking for the patterns that fit best.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post

I think that might be the distinction right there. xNFP's are 'graceful', whereas xNFJ's are 'elegant'.

And yes, that's a generalization. Keep in mind that I'm fully aware that there are probably plenty of exceptions to these generalizations that I'm making. I'm just looking for the patterns that fit best.
    Patterns based on what exactly?

And yeah. I'm definitely one of those "exceptions" then. Clumsy as they come.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I kinda see where you're going with this. It's hard to describe. I've found myself to be the biggest klutz around, but when NFPs are in their element, shine their brightest because they feel good at that particular time, they can have a certain grace, almost a glow about them one moment, and then stumble down the stairs the next

Whereas NFJs often do elegant sofistication, I find.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISFJ

You guys make me hate subjectivity. And I like subjectivity. What the hell does graceful or elegant even mean?

MBTI
    INFJ

Oh, I would think that all N's are quite susceptible to running into things. I would say that at least 95% of the time NFP's are on their feet, walking smoothly without hitting unfortunate obstacles on the floor. And in those moments, you guys have 'grace'.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Not really sure how you got into the LOTR discussion, but I don't think Frodo can be described as elegant, or even an INFP. If you've read the books, he's a ton more temperamental and opinionated than Elijah Wood's portrayal. That goes with the whole innocence thing, too. But I think you guys are focusing on the movies, so yeah he does have the soon to be sullied naive, innocent thing going on. I was a huge LOTR nerd for a while, lol. Well, probably still am.

As for INFP's appearing elegant... I know we'd like to appear elegant and sophisticated, but I feel like we probably come across as spacey or something.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thats my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who cant go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    You guys make me hate subjectivity. And I like subjectivity. What the hell does graceful or elegant even mean?
    Use that N, darling

Oh, I would think that all N's are quite susceptible to running into things. I would say that at least 95% of the time NFP's are on their feet, walking smoothly without hitting unfortunate obstacles on the floor. And in those moments, you guys have 'grace'.
    I'd even say that for NFPs it comes from within, without being aware of it whereas NFJs seem very much in control of it and able to manipulate it, giving it almost a focussed quality...or am I mistaken?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ

giving it almost a focussed quality...or am I mistaken?
    Yes, it's true. It's not a terribly conscious thing, though. I'm aware of the way I'm moving in the back of mind, some where in my subconscious self. If it were something that I had to consciously control, it wouldn't be anywhere near as effortless.

In any case, it looks like the LOTR tangents might be bugging people a bit, so I'll give some real-life examples of NFJ elegance versus NFP grace.

YouTube - Mary-Louise Parker Golden Globe Win for Weeds

I'm pretty sure that Mary-Louise Parker is an INFJ. And, just by the way she's sitting in her chair in the middle and towards the beginning of the clip, her mannerisms, the way she carries himself, they all seem like good examples of NFJ elegance to me.

YouTube - Interview with Evanna Lynch

I'm pretty sure that Evanna Lynch is an INFP. And the way she carries herself in this interview seems like a good example of what NFP grace looks like.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

elegant meaning controlled and clean and contrasting and minimalistic and oh so very j?
    graceful meaning well-balanced (between balanced and unbalanced, loose and tight, symmetrical and assymetrical, composed and tossed together?)

in short elegant dealing with J (introverted perception) and graceful dealing with P (extraverted perception)? J as more composed and P as more in-the-moment?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Someone said that xNFP's are elegant and xNFJ's aren't. I disagree. I've always thought that xNFP's have more fairy-like tinkerbell kind of elegance and aura to them whereas xNFJ's have a more angelic Galadriel (from Lord of the Rings) kind of aura. Thoughts?
    Ha! So me, with my clumsily executed gross gestures and inside-out, mismatched argyle socks is MORE elegant than my Fe-having, fashion and etiquette literate INFJ mother. No way.

In impersonal terms: Fe seems correlated with social norms like etiquette and fashion sense, and poise which many would say is elegance. That would make the Js more likely to be "elegant" than the Ps. ...also, xNFPs are fairy clumsy IME, much more so than xNFJs.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)