User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

LOL! A thread about j/p and which one is more elegants totally derails into Middle-Earth. Gotta love it...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFJ

And what about Sam? Sam seems to be an ISFJ to me. He's Frodo's guard, obeying everything he is told, and staying by his side almost the whole way.
    I agree. Sam's definitely one of the ISFJ poster boys I've seen. The master of duty and devotion.

It's weird you said that about NFPs being the purest types. I've thought that about NFJs. Not that NFPs would be corrupted or tempted by power per se, but that it seems like NFPs are more susceptible to things like addiction and getting into things that NFJs would judge face point as bad.
    I don't see addiction to drugs as a sign of being corrupted at all. I think it would be more accurate to say that NFPs are more susceptible to indulgence, but not corruption.

I can't speak for all NFP's, but the ones I've met seem to just be so focused on being true to themselves and being loyal to their friends.

I, on the other hand, have always been tempted by the more superficial things like respect, prestige, and power. I can see myself and other NFJ's being corrupted by those things. I can't see NFP's falling prey to that kind of shallowness, though. Galadriel from Lord of the Rings was the same way. She desired power. And I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people mistype her as INTJ, seeing as people don't seem realize that INFJ's are, in fact, VERY capable of becoming power-hungry.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    LOL! A thread about j/p and which one is more elegants totally derails into Middle-Earth. Gotta love it...
    Yeah, well Middle Earth is a hell of a lot cooler than J/P dichotomies.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Just put Arwen vs Galadriel.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ

We might have another Dumbledore case. Galadriel is a better representation of a seasoned INFJ.
    Oh, I don't doubt for a second that Dumbledore was an INTJ. I just think that he seemed to play the mentor role so well, and had a certain spiritual understanding which suggested that he spent plenty of time developing his F.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Just put Arwen vs Galadriel.
    There we go. That nails it. I wish I would've thought of Arwen earlier. She seems to be a much better representation of NFPs than tinkerbell.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I agree. Sam's definitely one of the ISFJ poster boys I've seen.

I don't see addiction to drugs as a sign of being corrupted at all. I think it would be more accurate to say that NFPs are more susceptible to indulgence, but not corruption.

I can't speak for all NFP's, but the ones I've met seem to just be so focused on being true to themselves and being loyal to their friends.

I, on the other hand, have always been tempted by the more superficial things like respect, prestige, and power. I can see myself and other NFJ's being corrupted by those things. I can't see NFP's falling prey to that kind of shallowness, though. Galadriel from Lord of the Rings was the same way. She desired power. And I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people mistype her as INTJ, seeing as people don't seem realize that INFJ's are, in fact, VERY capable of becoming power-hungry.
    Oh, yes. I see exactly what you mean.

Perhaps, in a nutshell, the whole thing is NF based? Maybe we are all vulnerable to our heart's desire?

Leave it to the NTs to be the clean ones

Galadriel was totally an INFJ. You have to get past the whole being bewitched and power hungry thing for the ring that she wanted and look at how helpful, wise, mystical, and beautiful she was as a character. Even she was vulnerable because of her hearts contempt. I don't see how anyone can see her as an INTJ.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What the hell is this thread about?:confused::crazy::chicken:

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    She may had realized that falling prey to her power-cravings will be an unforgivable disappointment her people.

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    Hahaha! I completely forgot that TypologyCentral doesn't allow threads to become off-topic.

However, we're sort of using Middle Earth as an analogy for the NFP vs. NFJ difference.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    What the hell is this thread about?:confused::crazy::chicken:
    In essence I asked that as well...Hopefully they will let us know