User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

It is so NT dominated. LOL. Not that a ton of the characters are NTs, but it is the completely essence of NT fantasy. It's brilliant.

not to change the subject, but what type do you see Gandalf and Aragorn as? I see Gandalf as an INTJ and Aragorn as INFP.
    Just wondering..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ

I see Gandalf as INTJ. I'm not sure what Aragorn is. In the movies, Viggo Mortensen portrayed him as an INFJ, but maybe that's because Viggo happens to be an INFJ himself.

The whole fear of being corrupted by power seemed to be an INFP trait in Aragorn, which makes sense. I've always thought of xNFP's as the purest type. They don't seem to be tempted by power, and have more integrity than anyone else I've seen. As far as I'm concerned, they're as close to incorruptible as one can get.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    It is so NT dominated. LOL. Not that a ton of the characters are NTs, but it is the completely essence of NT fantasy. It's brilliant.
    Yeah, I think there were more SP characters than NTs.

not to change the subject, but what type do you see Gandalf and Aragorn as? I see Gandalf as an INTJ and Aragorn as INFP.
    Just wondering..
    Gandalf's the quintessential INTJ.
    Aragorn.... ISFP? ISTJ? ESTJ? ISTP?
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INFJ

Yeah, I think there were more SP characters than NTs.
    The vast majority of the big players (Gandalf, Sauron, Saruman, Elrond, someone else I'm forgetting) seemed to be NT's. The only NF in LOTR who seemed to have any real power or legendary status in the world of Middle Earth was Galadriel.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    The vast majority of the big players (Gandalf, Sauron, Saruman, Elrond, someone else I'm forgetting) seemed to be NT's. The only NF in LOTR who seemed to have any real power or legendary status in the world of Middle Earth was Galadriel.
    Unquestionably. (I'd peg the Rohan outcasts and the Elvish race as SPs.) Hmmm... what about her husband? I don't recall much of his personality.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I see Gandalf as INTJ. I'm not sure what Aragorn is. In the movies, Viggo Mortensen portrayed him as an INFJ, but maybe that's because Viggo happens to be an INFJ himself.

The whole fear of being corrupted by power seemed to be an INFP trait in Aragorn, which makes sense. I've always thought of xNFP's as the purest type. They don't seem to be tempted by power, and have more integrity than anyone else I've seen. As far as I'm concerned, they're as close to incorruptible as one can get.
    I would agree totally. I was going to bring up the same point about Aragorn's fear of being corrupt by power and his inner turmoil in regard to the ring is definitely an INFP thing, which is why I had typed him as INFP. But I can see INFJ, too. Viggo is oozing INFJ.

And what about Sam? Sam seems to be an ISFJ to me. He's Frodo's guard, obeying everything he is told, and staying by his side almost the whole way.

It's weird you said that about NFPs being the purest types. I've thought that about NFJs. Not that NFPs would be corrupted or tempted by power per se, but that it seems like NFPs are more susceptible to things like addiction and getting into things that NFJs would judge face point as bad. We kind of stumble around. Like someone stumbling down a hall way, barging into each room for a little bit.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ

Gandalf's the quintessential INTJ
    I actually thought Gandalf seemed a bit more F-like than the typical INTJ. He seemed to emulate the INFJ "wise old mentor" quite a bit at times with characters like Frodo and Pippin.

He was thousands of years old, though. It only makes sense that he would have plenty of time to balance out his weaker functions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

To follow your Fi or to do the right thing.

That is the question that so often taunts NFPs.

I think.
    I've never felt that way about it

NFP's more elegant than NFJ's????????? Who came up with THAT idea????
    Maybe I should ask what you mean by "elegant"?

Seriously though, NFP's tend to be MASSIVE non-conformist/"I'm gonna do my own thing" kinda people. NFJ's know what others want and how to provide it, ESPECIALLY image/appearance/demeanor-wise.

IMO NFJ's are WAY more elegant than NFP's

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Yeah, definitely.

Out of the Fellowship, though, it seems like a whole slew were S's.

Legolas and Gimli seemed ISTJ.
    Sam- ISFJ
    Pippin/Merry- xSFPs
    Baromir- ESTJ

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

I actually thought Gandalf seemed a bit more F-like than the typical INTJ. He seemed to emulate the INFJ "wise old mentor" quite a bit at times with characters like Frodo and Pippin.

He was thousands of years old, though. It only makes sense that he would have plenty of time to balance out his weaker functions.
    We might have another Dumbledore case. Galadriel is a better representation of a seasoned INFJ.

Yeah, definitely.

Out of the Fellowship, though, it seems like a whole slew were S's.

Legolas and Gimli seemed ISTJ.
    Sam- ISFJ
    Pippin/Merry- xSFPs
    Baromir- ESTJ
    My only correction:

Legolas - ISFP (Being in tune with his environment; largely hands-off with Te.)