User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Could it possibly be that INFP's are more ethereal whereas INFJ's are elegant?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Could it possibly be that INFP's are more ethereal whereas INFJ's are elegant?
    Possible

Audrey Hepburn (INFP) is like the pinnacle of elegance though.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    elegant meaning controlled and clean and contrasting and minimalistic and oh so very j?
    graceful meaning well-balanced (between balanced and unbalanced, loose and tight, symmetrical and assymetrical, composed and tossed together?)

in short elegant dealing with J (introverted perception) and graceful dealing with P (extraverted perception)? J as more composed and P as more in-the-moment?
    Agree, this is what I was thinking. INFJs are very controlled, into fashions more, look to socially impress with dressing, house, etc. This could be called elegance, and it gives that feel of grace. Whereas xNFPs seem quite good at engaging in smooth, graceful interaction.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Enneagram
    4w5

Since you guys are talking about Tolkien, I must break my self-imposed exile to contribute soemthing.

I would say that Luthien Tinuviel vs. Galadriel is a much better comparison of NFP vs. NFJ.

Luthien is the evening star while Galadriel is the morning star.

Luthien was the fairest living being to walk on Arda (the earth). She spent most of the time by herself, running through the woods, and her hauntingly beautiful voice rivaled the very birds in their song.

Yet she was also a brave warrior, and was the only person to have a victory over the real Dark Lord (Sauron was just a pawn of his). She stormed castles, and fought nameless terrors that would freeze the hearts of other elves, just to save her true love. What's more INFP than that?

I assume that many of you guys are talking about movie Arwen. Movie Arwen is very different from Tolkien's Arwen and movie Arwen is just a pale imitation of Luthien the Nightingale....INFP bard and warrior...the fairest child of Eru Iluvatar.
    The purple sun won't heal my purple bruises :ouch:

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Agree, this is what I was thinking. INFJs are very controlled, into fashions more, look to socially impress with dressing, house, etc. This could be called elegance, and it gives that feel of grace. Whereas xNFPs seem quite good at engaging in smooth, graceful interaction.
    we like to impress our own introverted intuition. we like to impress ourselves. we have standards that are much more loosely connected to those around us than you seem to think. if the people around do not interest me, i may still care what they think, but i don't give a fuck about impressing them. i want to impress myself, which is different. i want to impress the perfect being that doesn't even exist. i want to impress my dream girl. i want to impress the entire world all at once. even if i use all the sets of eyes in the world to view myself, it's still about me putting it all together. we focus on saying everything, than saying nothing, than finding something to hang our hat on and call it a day.

xnfps are also good at being smoothly flighty, engagingly erratic, and gracefully all-over-the-place. when it works it's some serious wu tang feng shui shit. but sometimes it doesn't and just goes to shit. i would say that, apart from istj dads in the suburbs with fanny packs and fishing poles, infp women are the highest percentage of man-like jort wearers in the entire population (maybe in weird places like sedona). but then some of them walk out of warhol pictures. what can ya do?

MBTI
    INFJ

Once again, I'm not so sure about either NFP's or NFJ's being more 'ethereal' than each other. Both NFP's and NFJ's are quite capable of giving off those mystical, otherworldly vibes. I'm just looking for adjectives to describe the mystical differences between the types.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I would say however that NFPs are more 'otherwordly' than NFJs. We're sometimes quite literally *not* present and unfocussed becoz of it whereas NFJs seem to at least have some footing in this world at all times
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP

This thread as gone onto a tangent about mystery and other-worlds however, if it is all about elegance. INO The XNFJs outstrip us XNFPs... I am not elegant in any way HAHAHAHAHAHAHA However, if we're talking mystery and being ethereal then it's a different conversation, however, I find that the NFJ and NFP have elements of each other..
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I agree. Sam's definitely one of the ISFJ poster boys I've seen. The master of duty and devotion.

I don't see addiction to drugs as a sign of being corrupted at all. I think it would be more accurate to say that NFPs are more susceptible to indulgence, but not corruption.

I can't speak for all NFP's, but the ones I've met seem to just be so focused on being true to themselves and being loyal to their friends.

I, on the other hand, have always been tempted by the more superficial things like respect, prestige, and power. I can see myself and other NFJ's being corrupted by those things. I can't see NFP's falling prey to that kind of shallowness, though. Galadriel from Lord of the Rings was the same way. She desired power. And I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people mistype her as INTJ, seeing as people don't seem realize that INFJ's are, in fact, VERY capable of becoming power-hungry.
    Wow. Yeah. I have a friend who is an INFJ, and sometimes her obsession with perfection and her need to always be on top makes me sometimes doubt that she's NF at all, but from your explanation of INFJs I can understand her more now.

Plus, I've often pondered what are the real differences between INFJs and INFPs because so often my INFJ friend and I agree on things but other times it's like "Huh?"
    To find out whose more elegant is an interesting way of looking at it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    we like to impress our own introverted intuition. we like to impress ourselves. we have standards that are much more loosely connected to those around us than you seem to think. if the people around do not interest me, i may still care what they think, but i don't give a fuck about impressing them. i want to impress myself, which is different. i want to impress the perfect being that doesn't even exist. i want to impress my dream girl. i want to impress the entire world all at once. even if i use all the sets of eyes in the world to view myself, it's still about me putting it all together. we focus on saying everything, than saying nothing, than finding something to hang our hat on and call it a day.

That was incredibly sexy.