• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You know you're INFP when?

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What took the universe so long to make this topic?

You know you're an INFP when . . .

People call you sweet, but little do they know, you're everyone's worst critic . . . including your own. Especially your own.

You look at society's values as more of a practical consideration than anything else. What's important to you, foremost, are your own values.

You find it easy to read another person's mind simply by asking yourself what would go through your head if you were in their position.

You often have to bite your tongue because your values are so often at conflict with other people's that voicing them isn't usually a good idea.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
You seriously wonder at the sanity of someone attempting to give you a compliment... ---All right, that might just be me....

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
When s/he has taken the MBTI test and told you his/hers type.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know GC has one, or more

It has a really long one, and you know you're an INFP if it is very entertaining to read through the entire thing, and you find yourself nodding to most of it. :cheese:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It has a really long one, and you know you're an INFP if it is very entertaining to read through the entire thing, and you find yourself nodding to most of it. :cheese:

:D

As a freelance INFP, I'd wager you're INFP when people cannot stop describing you as harmless, innocent and ellusive, no matter how much you find yourself smiling and shaking your head at their perception.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
When you can spend an entire class not listening to anything the teacher says and instead daydreaming about endless possibilities.

Chloe

when you don't want to say "good morning" to your family when going to toillet.. because you don't want them to know you like/care for them :D

(this one is from my lovely INFP friend :D)

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're INFP when...

- Your room is a mess, but your fantasy/sci-fi bookshelf is immaculately sorted by author name and series
- You can't stand watching shows like Candid Camera because you keep imagining yourself in the victims' shoes and feeling totally embarassed on their behalf
- You hold back when playing word games such as Scrabble and Boggle with your friends, because you would obliterate them otherwise and that would actually feel worse than losing

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You know you're INFP when...

- Your room is a mess, but your fantasy/sci-fi bookshelf is immaculately sorted by author name and series
- You can't stand watching shows like Candid Camera because you keep imagining yourself in the victims' shoes and feeling totally embarassed on their behalf
- You hold back when playing word games such as Scrabble and Boggle with your friends, because you would obliterate them otherwise and that would actually feel worse than losing

Ha! Yes to all three. But I'm also afraid of being untrue to myself, so I just spot them some points at the outset to make it competitive.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
When you don't think you're good enough to be an INFP.

Yes.

Also, when you read the INFP descriptions and listen to other people describing INFPs, and wonder how you can function in the real world at all. :D

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're an INFP when you can bang the hottest woman in the world, then, afterwards, completely regret it for no cohesive reason whatsoever.

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're an INFP when you imagine 50 different ways a scenario could play-out, especially if it has to do with relationships.

You know you're an INFP when you replay the same event in your head 50 times and berate yourself for not saying a completely innocent phrase differently.

You know you're an INFP if you look for ways that you are wrong in a situation, even if the fault lies completely in the other person. [He hit me, but I deserved it because I was inconsiderate of his stress and burnt the roast.]

You know you're an INFP if you play the devil's advocate.

You know you're an INFP if when someone says something about you that doesn't fit in with your perception with yourself, you psychoanalyze it to death.

You're an INFP if it kills you to see someone by themselves.

You're an INFP if you imagine what a passing stranger's life is like.