User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Why not just hide the panel that shows your friends? You can do this in the privacy settings. Just change the setting so that no one can see it.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I don't have any problems with facebook... I have a very limited number of friends. Although I can see how it can be problematic with "oversharing".

They came up with a new privacy list system on FB that you might want to look into. Divide your friends/contacts into different lists and assign access privileges differently based on which list they belong into.

2 steps
    1. Create lists in Friends page
    2. Change privileges under privacy settings tab.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    I don't have any problems with facebook... I have a very limited number of friends. Although I can see how it can be problematic with "oversharing".

They came up with a new privacy list system on FB that you might want to look into. Divide your friends/contacts into different lists and assign access privileges differently based on which list they belong into.

2 steps
    1. Create lists in Friends page
    2. Change privileges under privacy settings tab.
    Is that one of the things they added after our government chased them down? Can the friends see what group you put them in?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

I dunno, you'd probably be more comfortable not using Facebook if you're really paranoid. Seems like it would be stressful, otherwise. I just put everything on "friends only", and I don't write or put any stuff on there that I wouldn't want to share.

But yeah, I need to find a way to hide the friends panel thing... I feel like there's some tacit competition for people to befriend as many people as possible on there, and I don't like it. However, I'm sure my insecurities add a lot of bias to that thought, too.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thats my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who cant go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I love Facebook, but I only add people I know offline(and have really been friends with at some point), or people I've talked to extensively online. I've have questioned rather or not I've want to post my political and religious beliefs after adding some people though. I understand your feeling. Some of my friends have one page for co-workers and associates, and another for close friends.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Aha! That is what I shall do.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

I'm rather cautious as well. But after a while I just think... does it really matter if they have this knowledge? Most people aren't in a position of power to use it over me. =/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Um, I am an INFJ and rather new to Facebook, but I enjoy it so far.

I am an extremely private peron, to the point of almost Paranoia. I have gone through unimaginable agonies before actually posting a photo of myself in my profile. However, my account is completely private, can't be found in search engines or even in Facebook unless I've added you as a friend first. And I have a very limited number of friends only people I know and like.

I did add some colleagues, but I used the lists feature to have a page for 'friends' and another of 'coworkers'. Anything a bit personal (I dont mean crazy photos more like my strange musings on a song or a poem) I will block from the coworkers view.

Real private things I dont put on at all. I feel it will be a crazy thing to do, never mind how good the privacy definitions are. But as I am too much of a control freak and paranoid anyway, I feel Facebook is good for me. I am slowly learning to accept that I am not likely to come to any harm by letting a couple of people know that I went to a perfectly respectable concert yesterday, or that I am a fan of Roger Federer

MBTI
    ENFP

I use Facebook to keep in touch with friends who might be overseas, etc. and so on. Also its pretty handy way to get photos.

That being said, I don't write anything I worry about others knowing, I don't go all emo on Facebook and I don't allow strangers to view my profile.
    I am an ENFP but I value justice over mercy.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    I just put everything on "friends only", and I don't write or put any stuff on there that I wouldn't want to share.
    Yep, that's how I use it. I have a few colleagues on mine (who I also know outside of work) and a mix of RL and online friends. Apart from my friends list and a few impersonal photos, mine is pretty bare and bland.

Quote Originally Posted by dani_elle View Post
    I use Facebook to keep in touch with friends who might be overseas, etc. and so on.
    This too. Probably only half of my friends on Facebook actually live in my city at the moment.

Edit: Oops, just realised this is in the NF forum. nm.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.