User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Wink INFPs and imaginary friends

Any others INFPs have imaginary friends?

I have to say, they're not imaginary friends in the archetypal sense, they're more like characters that you create in your head that sort of borrow several characteristics from the people you already know to create one "superfriend." These friends are typically, people you hope to meet later in life or whatever.

Right now, my most interesting IF is named Demetri. He's a Romanian-American multi-instrumentalist and is in my imaginary band, called MEDS. He speaks with a Cockney accent and is always telling jokes. If I had to type him I'd probably say he's an ENFP, because he and I are almost exactly a like besides the fact he's more outgoing than me. I also have another IF named Scarlett, who's actually quite the baller. She's Korean-American (think Karen O), loves to play and mercilessly beat people at video games (figures... ), she's easy to talk to, fun to be around and just plain awesome/superbadazz.

So what are some of your guyses imaginary friends? I'm interested to hear about them!

Hehe. I tend to create imaginary selves instead. I love stepping into character. Like make whole blogs by characters with weird quirks. It's a pity I can't have a second user name here. I could pretend it is my housemate or something.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yup, they're called guides
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

OP:I would be worried, man!
    does Demetri know Scarlett ?:/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

^Lol.

Ish. I've introduced them before and they've talked before on a friendly basis, but nothing more. Muahahaha.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I had an imaginary bird. I used to convince people around the neighborhood that this bird sat on my "steering wheel" on my bicycle. One time a fooled a neighborhood girl, 2 years younger than me that my bird sat on my bicycle talking and waving at her, but only I could see it. She got so confused, she went and got her parents who got really mad at me and told me I shouldn't trick other people and that if I continued, they'd tell my parents. I claimed they couldn't see him either. That didn't help. I was like 8 or 9.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I wouldn't really call them friends, but I have a lot of imaginary characters in my head who work through lots of different scenarios.

I got the impression that was actually quite normal.

As for imaginary friends, Metaphours, you're my imaginary friend! We just haven't met yet.

Or am I your imaginary friend? One of the two.

... this is the biggest part of INFP profile I don't relate to.. I never had imaginary friends as child.

okay.. i did... now i remembered... i had in high school imaginary identical twin-sister, so I said my then boyfriend bout her, how she is going to different high school... and then totally forgot bout that. after 3 months he mentioned my twin sister, I didn't know wth he's talking about... couldn't believe he believed me about my sister

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    As for imaginary friends, Metaphours, you're my imaginary friend! We just haven't met yet.

Or am I your imaginary friend? One of the two.
    'Tis a great mystery...

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Oh yeah. I've got a few. At times they are more helpful to me than my real friends- much to my real friends' dismays.

^And I've also gotten the impression it's not that unusual for INFxs.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari