User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Yup, they're called guides
    but I will second this, though I would generalize it more to include more things...

MBTI
    INTP

I read somewhere that scientists suspect that autism is an extreme male brain and schizophrenia is an extreme female brain. So when people think the chair is talking, it's sort of like over empathizing--thinking everything has a mind. Confirm/deny?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I never had imaginary friends.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    This too, I do this a lot. I guess this is why INFPs are supposedly good at putting difficult concepts in laymen's terms.
    That's one of my primary talents, along with spotting patterns. I specifically want to be a forensic accountant, because I think that it will play to many of my strengths, meet many of my needs (such as having a clearly-defined role and using my highly-developed sense of ethics), and minimize my weaknesses (such as schmoozing).
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

My eldest daughter has piciked up on the concept of imaginary friends from a schoolmate. She told me hers was a unicorn with brown fur, blue and pink dots, also equipeed with Pegasus wings, and a green horn. She asked me if I were to have an imaginary friend, what would it be, and my answer was:

Godzilla!!!!

MBTI
    INFJ

My imaginary friends are all hobbits.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't have imaginary friends, but I do create characters in imaginary scenarios and worlds in my mind.
    I am lazy, so I'll just quote this. As I did.

There are many of them. Usually not based on people I know, I'd rather avoid that actually. I might make a few examples tomorrow.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    I read somewhere that scientists suspect that autism is an extreme male brain and schizophrenia is an extreme female brain. So when people think the chair is talking, it's sort of like over empathizing--thinking everything has a mind. Confirm/deny?
    The INFP typelogic description says: "It's as though they live at the edge of a looking-glass world where mundane objects come to life, where flora and fauna take on near-human qualities".

I think most of us INFPs balked at that idea when presented in a thread recently about relating to profiles. No, we are not schizophrenic

My imagination is not really fantastical either. I think that's why I mostly reject fantasy genre and science-fiction as entertainment, unless it's a very refined metaphor.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

What thread was that? I would like to visit it and not-balk at that description...

Anyway, I often imagine that someone is with me and I am carrying on a dialogue with them. Really, this is just a vehicle for my psyche to split and have a conversation with itself though, these imagined conversationalists are just placeholders. They aren't really the people that they represent, in that I don't try to make their responses realistic. It's more of a vehicle to externalize my internal monologue.

I normally didn't get the chance to play with other kids before I started school, so my imaginary friends were mostly characters from movies/TV/books...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I would agree with the people who claimed they have imaginary characters rather than friends. It's usually some 'deep and complex' person and I kind of just play with different scenarios and see how he/she would react to it.

When I was a kid I used to enjoy imagining characters from video games or movies and see what they were doing after the whole story finished or I would imagine myself getting involved with their adventures and seeing how we would interact with each other.