• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] The Fi game

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
name something you don't like, not for any rational or consciously idealistic reason but simply because it gives you the heebies.

I don't mean bugs or something like that.
More like pet peeves, ones you find incredibly hard to justify.

Here's one of mine:

When people cut their food up before they start to eat it. Like cut a whole pancake up and then eat it instead of cutting off a bite at a time.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The font of the model name on the rear of the Dodge Startus Stratus. I HATE it and whoever chose it should be fired.

P

Phantonym

I can't believe I'm saying this but the Default Style forum skin is too...blue. Ugh.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm more annoyed by the grey :D

P

Phantonym

We should make a new design and advise Haight on the current trends, have him revamp the place :devil:

Absolutely! :devil:

What are the current trends in skins? What is the new black? I have no idea. I think there already was a thread about something like this somewhere :thinking:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're the J, girl :alttongue:

P

Phantonym

Buy an old CRT monitor. With the phosphors so worn out, you won't even notice!

Yeah, and soon enough I won't notice anything anymore. Not the most desirable development, in my opinion :D

Last edited:

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
City lamp-posts - especially the ones with parts hanging over pavements

When fork and knife scratch over one another when u eat - the sound - God should be fired for inventing it

Sweet (candy like) smelling men - blah

And finally rooms full of machinery - when computers develop conciousness and start rebellion we r in big trouble :doh:

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
People who use adjectives in place of adverbs. OOooohh... That really is a good way to get me steamed.

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
Finding an empty cup on a shelf less than 10 paces from the nearest trash can.

Finding out said cup contained...a mouthful of chewing tobacco. With saliva.

Having to hold back the urge to barf while taking the...the THING...to the restroom to clean it out before throwing it away.

My number-one reason to NEVER EVER EVER EVER take up chewing tobacco.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
When people don't properly nest their tags in their code.

Having to fix this when they suddenly wonder why they're having difficulties getting their site compatible with KHTML.

Really bad English dubs.

People who fail to recognize or ignore the existence of informal fallacies.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Phony greetings at work, such as, "Hey! How was your weekend?" when the person clearly doesn't give a shit how your weekend went.

On a practical and intellectual level, I understand the utility of these kinds of greetings, but I don't know if I will ever be fully comfortable using or receiving them.

Low "Fe", maybe? I don't know.

I only use them when I actually mean it, which makes some people think I'm cold and unfriendly.

People who use adjectives in place of adverbs. OOooohh... That really is a good way to get me steamed.

Crap. Maybe I do that.

I take a lot of liberties with language.

What would be an example?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
What would be an example?

"She runs fast."

When one is modifying a VERB, one should use an adVERB. In this instance, "fast" is an attempt to describe the verb, "runs." However, fast is an adjective. A more correct sentence would be "she runs quickly," or "she is a fast runner."

Adjectives modify NOUNs and proNOUNs. "She is fat." In this instance, "fat" is describing the pronoun, "she."

As you may have inferred, the most common misuse of adjectives is at the end of sentences where, if the sentence was modified slightly, they would normally be appropriate but are not.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
"She runs fast."

When one is modifying a VERB, one should use an adVERB. In this instance, "fast" is an attempt to describe the verb, "runs." However, fast is an adjective. A more correct sentence would be "she runs quickly," or "she is a fast runner."

Adjectives modify NOUNs and proNOUNs. "She is fat." In this instance, "fat" is describing the pronoun, "she."

As you may have inferred, the most common misuse of adjectives is at the end of sentences where, if the sentence was modified slightly, they would normally be appropriate but are not.

Oh. I see.

Yeah, I do that all the time in casual conversation.

I only use precise language in formal writing and when I'm having an inferior Te conniption fit! --LOL ;)

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
"She runs fast."

All languages evolve for the sake of economy. As far as 'not appropriate', you are correct. But not colloquially inappropriate. Eventually the rules will most certainly have to catch up with the nature of communication. As it stands now, there are many new symbols/words that articulate an idea far better and much more efficiently than what the rules will allow. Example: "He got schooled." Articulate the idea behind that phrase while implementing the rules. Go ahead:) Compose it's equivalent while following the rules.