User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: The Fi game

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    Buy an old CRT monitor. With the phosphors so worn out, you won't even notice!
    Yeah, and soon enough I won't notice anything anymore. Not the most desirable development, in my opinion
    Last edited by Phantonym; 08-30-2009 at 06:37 PM.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

when provoker starts talking on vent
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFP

City lamp-posts - especially the ones with parts hanging over pavements

When fork and knife scratch over one another when u eat - the sound - God should be fired for inventing it

Sweet (candy like) smelling men - blah

And finally rooms full of machinery - when computers develop conciousness and start rebellion we r in big trouble
    Hot-hearted head

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

People who use adjectives in place of adverbs. OOooohh... That really is a good way to get me steamed.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

Finding an empty cup on a shelf less than 10 paces from the nearest trash can.

Finding out said cup contained...a mouthful of chewing tobacco. With saliva.

Having to hold back the urge to barf while taking the...the THING...to the restroom to clean it out before throwing it away.

My number-one reason to NEVER EVER EVER EVER take up chewing tobacco.

MBTI
    xxxx

When people don't properly nest their tags in their code.

Having to fix this when they suddenly wonder why they're having difficulties getting their site compatible with KHTML.

Really bad English dubs.

People who fail to recognize or ignore the existence of informal fallacies.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Phony greetings at work, such as, "Hey! How was your weekend?" when the person clearly doesn't give a shit how your weekend went.

On a practical and intellectual level, I understand the utility of these kinds of greetings, but I don't know if I will ever be fully comfortable using or receiving them.

Low "Fe", maybe? I don't know.

I only use them when I actually mean it, which makes some people think I'm cold and unfriendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    People who use adjectives in place of adverbs. OOooohh... That really is a good way to get me steamed.
    Crap. Maybe I do that.

I take a lot of liberties with language.

What would be an example?

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    What would be an example?
    "She runs fast."

When one is modifying a VERB, one should use an adVERB. In this instance, "fast" is an attempt to describe the verb, "runs." However, fast is an adjective. A more correct sentence would be "she runs quickly," or "she is a fast runner."

Adjectives modify NOUNs and proNOUNs. "She is fat." In this instance, "fat" is describing the pronoun, "she."

As you may have inferred, the most common misuse of adjectives is at the end of sentences where, if the sentence was modified slightly, they would normally be appropriate but are not.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    "She runs fast."

When one is modifying a VERB, one should use an adVERB. In this instance, "fast" is an attempt to describe the verb, "runs." However, fast is an adjective. A more correct sentence would be "she runs quickly," or "she is a fast runner."

Adjectives modify NOUNs and proNOUNs. "She is fat." In this instance, "fat" is describing the pronoun, "she."

As you may have inferred, the most common misuse of adjectives is at the end of sentences where, if the sentence was modified slightly, they would normally be appropriate but are not.
    Oh. I see.

Yeah, I do that all the time in casual conversation.

I only use precise language in formal writing and when I'm having an inferior Te conniption fit! --LOL

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    "She runs fast."

All languages evolve for the sake of economy. As far as 'not appropriate', you are correct. But not colloquially inappropriate. Eventually the rules will most certainly have to catch up with the nature of communication. As it stands now, there are many new symbols/words that articulate an idea far better and much more efficiently than what the rules will allow. Example: "He got schooled." Articulate the idea behind that phrase while implementing the rules. Go ahead Compose it's equivalent while following the rules.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?