• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What puts you in your shadow?

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Specially ENFPs (though others are welcome) ...
I noticed I've been in my shadow for about 6 months, I know the workplace is definitely a factor, but even though it's settled out, I still feel like I'm in my dark place.. I wonder if there's something I'm missing that is causing this horrible state that I hate living in...

anyhow.. I thought it'd be kinda interesting to see what factors push you into your ISTJ cave...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Being misunderstood
Being pressured
Being guilttripped
Being stressed
Being forced out of my comfort zone
Feeling indignified

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sudden drop in blood sugar, people mumbling on the phone while having no idea what they really want to ask me, emergency situations.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
+ Feeling suppressed.

+ Sudden blood pressure & serotonin changes. (Starting a new ADD medication/dosage. PMS makes me unable to concentrate -- I'm constantly day-dreaming or seeking out immediate thrills. The ADD symptoms escalates.)

+ Under/over dosage of ADD medications. (Amphetamine over-dosage once caused me to become an unstable ESFP. And I needed to socialize 24/7. Odd and uncomfortable.)

dani_elle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Feeling alienated. Not that this happens often but when it does... ouch.

PMS. I think this should be universal.

When my emotional resources are being sucked dry. I can't handle leeches.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Not getting enough sleep for my brains to rest, I guess.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Being unappreciated for hard work and effort.
Incompetence of bureaucracy and the fact it can't be reasoned with.
Making no positive impact whatsoever.
Being too busy, stressed and/or having a brain fog that stifles your expression and creativity.
Being around people who have no concern for abuse or taking of life - human, animal, whatever

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
What Scortia said plus:

being asked to do something that you don't know how to go at (or have exhausted all of your personal resources in trying to do so) and lose the ability to see the forest for the trees standing in the way.

being forced to remain in an environment of unresolved conflict with no hope of it changing even after making heroic efforts.

people prescribing a course of action before listening enough to properly understand the situation.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i honestly don't think i have an istj cave...if i do...i totally don't see it.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Sure - could happen for months at a time with some moments of respite.

1. Being burned out - emotionally/intellectually...It's a self-defense mechanism. Time to stop and take care of yourself - pay attention to physical needs and recharge.

2. Not having enough external stimulation for an extended period of time -- lack of interesting people/travel/books could lead to that too. Travel in particular is essential for me personally to stay focused and happy.

3. A relationship issue that is beyond resolution. Likely also involving an essential value being violated by someone I trusted will put me in that cave. Disappointment like that is rare but when it happens, it's crushing.

4. Getting stuck in a small picture rut at work....

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Sure - could happen for months at a time with some moments of respite.

1. Being burned out - emotionally/intellectually...It's a self-defense mechanism. Time to stop and take care of yourself - pay attention to physical needs and recharge.

2. Not having enough external stimulation for an extended period of time -- lack of interesting people/travel/books could lead to that too. Travel in particular is essential for me personally to stay focused and happy.

3. A relationship issue that is beyond resolution. Likely also involving an essential value being violated by someone I trusted will put me in that cave. Disappointment like that is rare but when it happens, it's crushing.

4. Getting stuck in a small picture rut at work....
I totally identify with this. Couldn't have said it any better!

P.S.- traveling definitely helps me to re-energize (whether it may be a short drive somewhere.. just to get away from it all).