• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] xNFx fidelity

How sexually faithful are you when in an relationship

• ENFJ - Always faithful

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • ENFJ - Occationally been unfaithful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ - Rarely faithful

• ENFJ - Never faithful

• ENFP - Always faithful

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • ENFP - Occationally been unfaithful

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • ENFP- Rarely faithful

• ENFP - Never faithful

• INFJ - Always faithful

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • INFJ - Occationally been unfaithful

• INFJ - Rarely faithful

• INFJ - Never faithful

• INFP - Always faithful

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • INFP - Occationally been unfaithful

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • INFP - Rarely faithful

• INFP - Never faithful

• Total voters

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi

Ooops screwed up the other one...

I got facinating results from the xNTx fidelity poll so thought I'd post the same thing over here...

Lis

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
ENFP.
Always Faithful.

Being unfaithful a fucking joke. I mean, come on. That's like asking 'would you rather have a loyal relationship or are you in it to please your hormones and could care less about maintaining a loyal relationship.' or- 'Love or Sex'. That's how I see it, at least.

G

garbage

Being unfaithful a fucking joke. I mean, come on. That's like asking 'would you rather have a loyal relationship or are you in it to please your hormones and could care less about maintaining a loyal relationship.' or- 'Love or Sex'. That's how I see it, at least.

It's even worse than that.. being in a relationship and being unfaithful is outright duplicitous.

It's more like "would you rather have a loyal relationship, or are you in it to please your hormones and could care less about the fact that you've just created a completely one-sided and selfish situation without regard for the person that you're supposedly with?"

for the record.. no, I've never been cheated on.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I just could not put myself through that.. If it gets to the point where I would even resort to thinking about sleeping with another person, I'd basically break it off and at least give myself a few months to move on..

Then again, I don't get myself in situations where I would be sexually 'tempted.' Could be due to my upbringing in a strict, traditional background? It also takes much more than just physical attraction to get me aroused. I need the emotional/intellectual aspect to even get there.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Humans should/need to learn to control their hormones and set higher standards for themselves. I think too many people are sex crazy (hense why we have so many sex-related threads :doh) and look at what really matters- having a relationship. Sex is great! But you should share it with someone you love and not let your sexual desires have control over you and the outcome of any relationship for that matter. Sex will always come to an end. You'll have good sex, and you'll have bad sex.

Love is eternal. Love is forever blissful.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Always, always faithful. I don't even notice other men while in a relationship. Cheating says something to me about the priority of the relationship/partner in a person's life, i.e. it's not a priority at the moment, or in general. The gratification of the cheating partner's ego/hormones and/or quelling their insecurities usurps the importance of the relationship. Maintaining a happy, healthy relationship is one of my number one priorities, and I just see no use in being in a relationship if my heart's not completely in it. I don't see unfaithfulness as an option; I would end it long before I ever felt the need to cheat.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It's disgraceful and outraging to listen to people try to justufy cheating.

I posted a thread a while back on cheating, and a few people actually tried to justify what they did.

They said things along the lines of finding real love with someone else when they are already in a relationship.

To me, that basically meant that you are unreliable, hardly caring, selfish, unloyal, not able to be trusted, vulnerable, etc etc etc, and it breaks my heart to think of the people that were hurt on the other end.

There are just too many self-serving people in our world.

:(

P

Phantonym

Always, always faithful. I don't even notice other men while in a relationship. Cheating says something to me about the priority of the relationship/partner in a person's life, i.e. it's not a priority at the moment, or in general. The gratification of the cheating partner's ego/hormones and/or quelling their insecurities usurps the importance of the relationship. Maintaining a happy, healthy relationship is one of my number one priorities, and I just see no use in being in a relationship if my heart's not completely in it. I don't see unfaithfulness as an option; I would end it long before I ever felt the need to cheat.

THAT!!! 100%

There's no point in being in a relationship when your mind is wandering around. End it. You're just wasting your own and your partner's precious time when prolonging something that obviously has no future.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I posted a thread a while back on cheating, and a few people actually tried to justify what they did.

They said things along the lines of finding real love with someone else when they are already in a relationship.

Then why not just end it? Shouldn't be hard, considering that the person is not in love in the first place. I get that sometimes people do not wish to break up their marriage/family, but cheating sure seems like an interesting way to try to prevent that.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Then why not just end it? Shouldn't be hard, considering that the person is not in love in the first place. I get that sometimes people do not wish to break up their marriage/family, but cheating sure seems like an interesting way to try to prevent that.

THAT'S WHAT I'VE ALWAYS BEEN WONDERING.

It's boggled my mind for ages! I simply cannot find out why it wouldn't kill these people to just finish one book before they start another. It would save so much potential heart ache (even though it would still hurt) and trust/loyalty issues.

G

garbage

THAT'S WHAT I'VE ALWAYS BEEN WONDERING.

It's boggled my mind for ages! I simply cannot find out why it wouldn't kill these people to just finish one book before they start another. It would save so much potential heart ache (even though it would still hurt) and trust/loyalty issues.

Abject laziness?

Wanting to leave their previous relationship still open in case the new fling doesn't work out?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see unfaithfulness as an option; I would end it long before I ever felt the need to cheat.

Yup. :yes:

It's cruel/unfair not only to the other person, but to myself too, to be in a relationship only halfway, and not fully, and I have no desire for a relationship that I'm not giving my 100% to, where I'm not 100% into the other person. If I'm not fully engaged with the other person, I shouldn't be with them, or should go about working through why I might be feeling that way, if it's a temporary feeling, and work to resolve it. Cheating is NEVER an option. I'd definitely end it if I was going in that direction, as there's no point whatsoever in maintaining just a fragment of a relationship while my eyes/emotions are wandering elsewhere.

secondhandsight

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
Hint of a wish or requirement for any
sort of third party = end of relationship
for me.

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't have a whole lot of experience to draw upon, but I've never cheated before and I don't think it's something I'd ever do. If I found myself in a situation where I wanted to I'm 99% sure I would end the relationship I was in before persuing the other person. I think there would have to be some pretty special and challenging circumstances involved in order for me to betray the trust someone put in me. I find it hard to imagine any reason why I would not simply come clean with my partner and be done with it all. Sure, I'd be scared of hurting them but I'm certain that, in the long term, cheating on them would hurt them far more.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Judging by these fidelity polls, it seems like 90% of Ns are more loyal than an indoctrinated dog.

Well I'm going to go ahead on a limb and call bullshit.

JohnDoe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w7
Just because you see no value in faithfulness doesn't mean that we don't. Maybe if you were a bit more perceptive of emotions you would.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just because you see no value in faithfulness doesn't mean that we don't. Maybe if you were a bit more perceptive of emotions you would.

Yes, because Feelers never cheat or rationalize their misbehavior. Did I get that right?

JohnDoe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w7
[/b]

Yes, because Feelers never cheat or rationalize their misbehavior. Did I get that right?

I think it would be exceptionally rare for an INFJ to cheat for an extended period of time. Its very hard to convince yourself to cheat on someone when you know exactly how they will feel. I'll let the others defend themselves.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think it would be exceptionally rare for an INFJ to cheat for an extended period of time.

Lol, I didn't realize "casual" cheating was excluded from the poll.