User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ESxP

Default ESFP..with INFJ tendencies??

Hi everyone. I would post this in whats my type but this forum seems more active lol.

so um I used to be an INFJ when i was little and somehow ive evolved into an ESFP its pretty surprising given that these 2 types are pretty dissimilar. haha. but sometimes i question my type because i still have a lot of INFJ tendencies that I dont think ever completely disappeared.

I would like to think I have a wide circle of casual friends(ESFP), but there are only a few close ones that I trust completely(INFJ). Id also like to think i can make casual friends with just about anyone, but I definitely believe trust and friendship is something that needs to be earned and not just handed out like halloween candy(unlike some of my ESFP friends)

I can definitely still hold grudges with the best of the INFJs if I find that you have wronged me in a way. but I can never hold them against friends. I dont know if this is an ESFP thing or not.

and I have a lot of perfectionist tendencies when it comes to certain things like driving cars and gaming. Of course, a lot of the time I say "screw it" I just regress back into ESFP slacker mode. all or nothing baby. lol

and of course i hate conflict like they both do. haha

thoughts/comments people?? sorry in advance for the shameless self absorbed post. haha

MBTI
    INFP

My thoughts?

As an INFJ myself, I know I would not be able to live as an ESFP, even as an alter-ego. Every second I spent trying to be loud and rambunctious like an ESFP would be an hour spent in hell's basement. Not to mention I'd fail miserably at it.

INFJs are too quiet and ESFPs are too loud for any kind of crossover between the two to occur. If you're getting overlap between the two, it probably means you're mistyped. You're better off going to What's My Type.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Hey!

My coworker (Meseri here) is an INFJ but he often acts crazy and spontaneous like an ESFP might though he's not nearly as smooth as one.

I was typed as an INFP several years ago but I've come to learn that either I've changed into an ESTP or I always was one (or at least an SP) that just tapped into the Idealist (NF) brain for awhile. Looking at pictures of myself as a kid, I was a wild little hooligan always tearing shit up and was always seen as an artist and it took me awhile to really get used to deep topics. I've always had alot of wanderlust and seen life as a fun adventure.

I'm definitely an ESTP but what I was for awhile before is still kind of a mystery, so I totally relate.

At any rate, it's REALLY nice to have another ESXP here! LET'S BE FRANDZ!!!1

-stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Hey!

My coworker (Meseri here) is an INFJ but he often acts crazy and spontaneous like an ESFP might though he's not nearly as smooth as one.

I was typed as an INFP several years ago but I've come to learn that either I've changed into an ESTP or I always was one (or at least an SP) that just tapped into the Idealist (NF) brain for awhile. Looking at pictures of myself as a kid, I was a wild little hooligan always tearing shit up and was always seen as an artist and it took me awhile to really get used to deep topics. I've always had alot of wanderlust and seen life as a fun adventure.

I'm definitely an ESTP but what I was for awhile before is still kind of a mystery, so I totally relate.

At any rate, it's REALLY nice to have another ESXP here! LET'S BE FRANDZ!!!1

well, my infp son was my only hyperactive kid and is completely messy, naughty (will get away with whatever he can and never, ever remembers the rules), breaks things all the time, and lives in his imagination (which i think of as his 'art,' as he will eventually write it all down--be a writer--, i suspect). but estp he is not.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ESTP

Are you sure he's an INFP? What makes you think that?
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Are you sure he's an INFP? What makes you think that?
    haha. well, can't go into it all right now. but he's def an introvert. he's def and N. he's def a P. and i think F. he's weird and imaginative, and listens to his own internal framework that doesn't really jive with anyone else's (Fi?) doesn't that equal infp?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    listens to his own internal framework that doesn't really jive with anyone else's (Fi?) doesn't that equal infp?
    haha, yeah.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ESxP

i am pretty sure i type as ESFP. i totally need stuff like instant gratification and i do all the typical esfp things like dress up, seek thrills, and crave attention(see why i created this thread. LOL)

im pretty sure im not infp or enfj tho because i dont think they hold grudges as much as infj amongst other things(and if there is one thing that separates me from the typical esfp, its definitely this. ahhaa). please do correct me if im wrong (this is the nf forum right? lol)

and i like how this thread totally stayed on topic.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by totallypsycho View Post
    im pretty sure im not infp or enfj tho because i dont think they hold grudges as much as infj amongst other things(and if there is one thing that separates me from the typical esfp, its definitely this. ahhaa). please do correct me if im wrong
    I can't speak for every INFP, but I'm incapable of holding grudges in the conventional sense. Even if I get mad enough at someone to blow my top, I'll wake up the next day totally over it and expect them to feel the same way.

If I come to a determination that someone is untrustworthy (or even dangerous) based on my extrapolation from their observed behavior, then I'll be guarded and cautious around them for the rest of my life. But even after being personally betrayed, my empathy keeps me from hating them -- I might wish them out of my life, but I won't wish them unhappy -- so I don't think that's what's normally meant by "holding grudges."
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by totallypsycho View Post
    im pretty sure im not infp or enfj tho because i dont think they hold grudges as much as infj amongst other things(and if there is one thing that separates me from the typical esfp, its definitely this. ahhaa). please do correct me if im wrong (this is the nf forum right? lol)
    All INFJ do not hold grudges. Some do, but people of all types hold grudges. It is a misunderstanding on the part of the other types as to the motivation and reasoning behind the "door slam," to believe that INFJs hold grudges more often. See this recent thread for more details.

and i like how this thread totally stayed on topic.
    Yes, savor that. It doesn't happen often 'round these parts.

To the original post: I'd like to hear more of your reasoning behind thinking you were once an INFJ. None of the explanations you've provided so far are any reason to believe you were an INFJ. Being discriminating in choice of friends and having perfectionist tendencies are qualities that many people, of all types, can relate to.