User Tag List

MBTI
    ISFJ

Default INFP and Pageants

For other girl INFP's:

I am a pageant princess. I've never won, but with a lot of training, I was able to win interview competitions and was not shy on stage at all. Is this typical for other INFP's or is it just me? I feel like people like me and appreciate me when I'm in a pageant. And I also have a sincere desire to serve my community and be a calm spirit to represent my city/state/country. Are pageants natural for INFP's to participate in or is this completely out of reach for me?

I basically want to win so badly because then I will know that everyone liked me. And I love glittery stuff and helping people.

Comments?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't know if it's "natural", and I wouldn't guess it to be a "typical" INFP interest, however INFPs can supposedly make good actors (which seems related to pageants, IMO). I imagine the ability to perform and engage comes from having a very complex imagination and exhibiting a genuine personable quality (when we're comfortable to do so).

It seems like a very positive thing that you have the confidence to do this and the ability to show your true, warm inner self to strangers. A lot of INFPs seem to have the desire to help people and a sincere interest in reaching out, but they allow insecurities to hold them back.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTP

When I first met my INFP SO he told me a little bit about being in plays and stuff, but I was surprised to find out just how many plays and awards he has locally won. He is shy, but has no stage fright.

I, on the other hand, have tons of stage fright..go figure. He is our designated speech giver.

MBTI
    INFP

I am exactly like that Tewt, I have no stage fright. In fact I love being on stage. I love acting and singing and giving speeches. I've always wanted to be in pageants, never have been though. I am shy but I love these activities because I can connect with people emotionally through my acting, singing or even giving a speech.
    Somebody has to be fabulous, it might as well be me! LOL

heart on fire

Sounds like a nightmare to me...

I have to ask, do you think you are introverted or just a shy extrovert?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've never been shy on stage. In fact, I used to feel more confident on stage than I did in one on one interactions. I used to be a dancer, so I relate.

It's a good question because I've bounced back and forth between INFP and ENFP.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Sounds like a nightmare to me...

I have to ask, do you think you are introverted or just a shy extrovert?
    I was an ENFP in high school but I seclude myself and have become an INFP in the last few years. I have traits of both, but the INFP is the definite best fit for my personality.