• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Exercises to make a S more N

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Whenever I'm in a secure area of a building and see a sign saying "DOOR IS ALARMED," I always bust a gut laughing. I swear, there's nothing funnier to me than a timid, skittish door. :yim_rolling_on_the_

If you don't naturally experience the world that way, then how -- and why -- would you deliberately try to? It has its compensations (such as being easily amused), but I'm not sure that I'd recommend it, since a world with easily-frightened doors is a very strange, often uncomfortable place to live in.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am so glad something like this has come up.

So i read the link and i am confused.

To experience Introverted Intuition - "So I'm supposed to think ______ but really this is just ______" ..
Why do you have to dumb down what you are seeing?

Do N's really view 'things' in this way to distance themslves from it.

It's not dumbing it down....it's deconstructing it so as to understand it better. If you understand the connections and associations between things, then you can make use of these patterns, and you can also more easily resist the subconscious influence they have. This is what makes Ni people slightly manipulative :tongue:, but it's used for good also. It removes assigned values to see things for what they really are. For Fe users, it appears to be their way of detecting BS in external group values, so that their Fe doesn't always conform to them. Or at least, that's how I take it. Not being Ni, it's hard to say....maybe I'm off the mark.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Whenever I'm in a secure area of a building and see a sign saying "DOOR IS ALARMED," I always bust a gut laughing. I swear, there's nothing funnier to me than a timid, skittish door. :yim_rolling_on_the_

If you don't naturally experience the world that way, then how -- and why -- would you deliberately try to? It has its compensations (such as being easily amused), but I'm not sure that I'd recommend it, since a world with easily-frightened doors is a very strange, often uncomfortable place to live in.

hehe, a large percentage of associations I make are completely useless, except for amusing myself. I've got a feeling our most insane ones are Fi related though, not N.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Why would I want to do that? I'm a closed-minded arrogant conservative.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Why would I want to do that? I'm a closed-minded arrogant conservative.

never thought I'd hear an estj admit that.

I've been thinking about the Introverted intuitive exercise, and at first I thought it was pretty off, but then again, I do think in such manners often,

example: Someone says, money doesn't grow on trees, I reply with, ummm yea it literally does, it's just paper, quit fooling yourself.

Also, I've been doing the Introverted Feeling exercise with my dog, and I really must say that it was working, I gained insight into what she wanted and we were actually communicating on a better level than before, mind you I was doing this like last week before this thread came about. She was actually sending me signals that I wasn't picking up on before, like if she wants to go outside she will actually start waving her head once catching my attention, waving to the door! If she's hungry, she might nibble on my hand a bit. It was really strange yet insightful, I couldn't believe it took me this long to pick up on some of the things though.

This is interesting, I think I'm going to have to move on to the extraverted and sensing exercises, might start to get uncomfortable there.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP

wow that is the "caption game"(for Extraverted intuition) and they even mention the funny aspect of it.
Maybe this stuff has merit, I'm gonna keep going.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
hehe, a large percentage of associations I make are completely useless, except for amusing myself. I've got a feeling our most insane ones are Fi related though, not N.

I'm pretty sure that my math jokes aren't Fi.

Being one in a million isn't what it used to be. Now it means that there are 1300 people just like you in China.

I used to worry about dying, but not ever since I heard that over half of the people who've ever lived are alive today. I figure that means that I've got a 50/50 shot at living forever.

A long time ago, in a hotel far, far away, an engineer, a physicist and a mathematician were in town for a convention. This was in a time and place when people wrote on flattened wood pulp (called "paper") with columns of graphite (called "pencils"), and each of them threw out quite a bit of half-baked equations, working into the night on their pet projects. In a quaint habit of their ancient, barbaric culture, they also all breathed in the smoke of burning tobacco rolled into cylinders (called "cigarettes"), and each of them managed to cause a trash can fire on the same night. The engineer started to scribble out some calculations, but quickly abandoned them and just dumped a whole bunch of water onto the blaze. The physicist precisely calculated the amount of water needed down to the last drop, before carefully pouring on exactly that much. The mathematician sat and pondered for awhile then merely went back to bed.

Afterward, as they were all standing outside watching the hotel burn down, the engineer and the physicist asked the mathematician why he couldn't figure out how much water it would take to put out the fire, when it was such an easy problem. The mathematician shrugged and replied, "The solution was not unique."

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
To experience Extraverted Feeling:

Try to get someone to treat you a certain way that defines a role for you. For example, try to get someone to treat you like royalty, or like a disposable slave, or like an expert authority, or like an eager student who wants to learn from them. You will have to, in some way, define a complementary role for them at the same time, through your actions. You can't ask explicitly that they treat you that way, except as a very last resort.

LOL! I'd love to teach some INTP wimmins about their Fe. :) PM me! :hi:

You know I think the definition of Ni is quite accurate. It's just isn't well-divorced from Se in this case. Breaking sign and symbols into their respective shapes I think is taking the whole thing a little far. Only an unhealthy Ni would do that. I remember when I was younger and I decided that I'd try my hand at VI and would stare at my friends for hours as they talking to try to determine if there was anything distinctly INFJ, or INTJ, or INTP about them. That's really taking the concept too far. That being said we XNXJ's definitely have a much more cynical view on the world if left to our own devices. I've been working on not allowing Ni to get to me and just enjoying life in the moment. If I want something to eat but I'm in the process of doing something why should I hop up and go to the store to get it? The worlds not gonna fall apart.

It's so funny. As I right this, I can feel Ni creeping up, asking me to skirt around what I really think in hopes that I can gain more of a perspective on what I'm talking about or what these articles are about. Fe wants me to go back and read everything word-for-word in hopes that I can parse out the smallest meanings but I ain't goin do it! No way no how. Laters....