I can only relate this to my own INFP, but after following posts on here for awhile, I feel like INFPs get as bad of a rap as SJ's do on my personality type board. As follows:
* Very selfless and giving and thinks of others before themselves
* Almost always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt
* Very affectionate
* Doesn't keep "score"
* Verbally affirming and supportive
* Understands the need for space and individuality
* Is eternally optimistic
* Is willing to work on things and compromise in a relationship
* Has a very unique sense of humor
* With a little push, can communicate quite effectively
* Very bright and intellectually stimulating
* Is good at mediating situations to diffuse them
* Is very tolerant of other people's differences and doesn't require spotlight
* Want so badly to make a difference
* Very open minded
* Very articulate when communicating
These are just a few of the things that I love about INFPs! I've heard them listed as pathetic and clingy -- so not true, I can't stand guys like that. I've heard of "F" dominant guys as not "masculine" and I can't stand pansy guys, so that's not true either. They are very idealistic, but a good match for someone who is very down to earth. Although he can get down sometimes, so can everyone else in the world! Doesn't throw pity parties any more than any other personality type I know. He doesn't like confrontation or conflict, but will work through it pretty darn well when pushed a little.
I am not saying they are perfect by any means, but I think they are my favorite personality type!