• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Things to LOVE about INFPs!

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I can only relate this to my own INFP, but after following posts on here for awhile, I feel like INFPs get as bad of a rap as SJ's do on my personality type board. As follows:

* Very selfless and giving and thinks of others before themselves
* Almost always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt
* Non-judgemental
* Very affectionate :hug:
* Doesn't keep "score"
* Verbally affirming and supportive
* Understands the need for space and individuality
* Listens
* Is eternally optimistic
* Is willing to work on things and compromise in a relationship
* Has a very unique sense of humor
* With a little push, can communicate quite effectively
* Very bright and intellectually stimulating
* Is good at mediating situations to diffuse them
* Is very tolerant of other people's differences and doesn't require spotlight
* Want so badly to make a difference
* Very open minded
* Very articulate when communicating

These are just a few of the things that I love about INFPs! I've heard them listed as pathetic and clingy -- so not true, I can't stand guys like that. I've heard of "F" dominant guys as not "masculine" and I can't stand pansy guys, so that's not true either. They are very idealistic, but a good match for someone who is very down to earth. Although he can get down sometimes, so can everyone else in the world! Doesn't throw pity parties any more than any other personality type I know. He doesn't like confrontation or conflict, but will work through it pretty darn well when pushed a little.

I am not saying they are perfect by any means, but I think they are my favorite personality type! :smile:

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Oh yeah...so feel free to add things you love about them!!!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
* Commonly found in the market discount bin.

...Seriously, thanks for the kind words for INFPs. :) It's always nice to know when someone appreciates us.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Aw, thank you for this. :) I'm absorbing and storing these words for future reference.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Excellent sense of humour
Loyal friends
Sincere and have strong inner sense of ethics/values
Excellent conversationalists when you are close to them (very interesting to eavedrop on their thoughts when they choose to say them out loud)
Flexible and laid back when planning something
Open to learning, considering new ideas
Vast amounts of knowledge in the most unexpected areas and are good at explaining it to others without making them feel dumb
Ability to switch between serious and funny

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
They're pretty much adorable, and very trustworthy. Overall, I approve.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
^ We give good "where to buy HDTV's online" advice. To those who have asked, we generally don't like imposing...

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I heart INFPs..

Probably the one type in which I feel most comfortable with about sharing my inside jokes.

Their gentle nature makes me just wanna give a them a nice plush toy hug. :hug: Sthooo cuute!! Super Kawaii Nay?! :smile:

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
* Very supportive
* Optimistic
* Philosophical
* Good listeners
* Funny, yet serious
* Very caring

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
INFPs are good guys to go shopping at BestBuy for equipment or to help set up your new computer with. They usually know what they're doing and are willing to help out wherever they can. Cheerfully too!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFPs are good guys to go shopping at BestBuy for equipment or to help set up your new computer with. They usually know what they're doing and are willing to help out wherever they can. Cheerfully too!

What do you expect if we think there's a chance you'll date us? :D

=^.^=

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Wait a minute...you mean they weren't just being nice by offering to walk me home? :D:rolli:

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You can't invite me up for "coffee" unless I'm at your door! [/optimist]

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

What do you expect if we think there's a chance you'll date us? :D

=^.^=

Wait a minute...you mean they weren't just being nice by offering to walk me home? :D:rolli:

You know, SOME of us, like say me, would do this just to be nice/considerate/gentlemanly.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh whatever Scottie - just admit it and we won't think worse of you - I can count on part of one hand any man I've been friends with who didn't have a hope shelved somewhere in the back of his head that we'd also be friendly. ;) It's just the nature of men-women interactions. INFPs are the worst for being wallowers regarding women, too!:violin:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh whatever Scottie - just admit it and we won't think worse of you - I can count on part of one hand any man I've been friends with who didn't have a hope shelved somewhere in the back of his head that we'd also be friendly. ;) It's just the nature of men-women interactions. INFPs are the worst for being wallowers regarding women, too!:violin:

Whatever, I'm too generous/altruistic for my own good!

No no, if I walk you to your door I'm either 1) guarding/protecting you or 2) trying to finish a conversation. If I like you in a hopefully-someday-romantically kinda way I'd be too nervous to walk you to your door. Or, at best, I'd be all fidgety and evasive and stuff [cuz INFP's tend to suck at just stating their feelings in these kinda situations :violin: ] and you'd immediately pick up on my lack of suaveness and/or calmness. No no, if we like you we tend to either hit you over the head with it or get REALLY evasive about it. I've seen entire threads dedicated to this topic... :violin:

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My best friend ever is an INFP. She is everything I'm not in the patience department and the wisdom arenas. She's hilarious and sweet and makes everything that ever bothered me look like it will all be okay.