User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

I can be downright nasty if I get really, really pissed. But I think its partially because I don't let it all out when it comes and I can somehow accumulate a lot of resentment. Plus I don't usually get really, really pissed.

Don't think I've fought with a F but maybe with my sister who is a T.

I think the way T's fight are a little more detached and downright cold whereas F's may fight indirectly.
    I am an ENFP but I value justice over mercy.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Thinking back on my irl interactions:

When I have argued with an NT, cold and sometimes bitter observations were made and it never really bothers me. Especially if the things said were true. When I had, or was witness to, arguments with STPs or SFJs, it tends to get physical, with pushing or throwing things.

The nastiest people I have ever witnessed were ENFJs and INFPs who have said and done things solely to hurt. Some of it fabricated or exaggerated beyond recognition. Very very nasty stuff indeed. I've witnessed ENFPs do things to get back at people, like faking pregnancies, rather than say nasty things outright. Online, the INFPs shock me more than anyone else.

Even after all of that, I am not convinced this is type related. Some people can just be assholes while others don't like to "take it there". Depends on how you were raised, I guess.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Nasty ? I am never nasty...

*runs his finger gently over jenocydes arm*

you still got some icecream on it from the weekend, see you later in our forum
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

My friends predominantly consist of NFs and NTs. One its very hard to offend any of us. And two, to outside perspectives we probably look like we hate each other. We take playful banter to a whole new level, but its who we are.
    SDMF

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    What do we mean by fighting??? I've heard NT's say things to each other like "your such an asshole, no really, you are" or "you should just kill yourself loser" and if I remember right something like "your life is so pathetic that you should just kill yourself right now".
    i say things like that all the time, but always in jest. that kind of language i reserve for friends, actually ('cause they know i'm not serious). when i am seriously arguing, my style is cold. i pick out things the other person says that "don't make sense," but usually won't go deeper than that.

my idea of nasty is getting personal--saying things that can really jab at a person's heart. NFs can be quite good at this, i've noticed. they seem much more sensitive to flaws of character rather than of impersonal logic, and if they take the argument there, it can be quite devastating for an NT. at least for me i feel like i'm in unfamiliar territory and i find it difficult to argue that way.

some of the NFs i've fought with were extremely good at saying "look who's talking" in a way that just hurt. that stuff shuts me up. i mean you can't really logically argue your way out of things like that, if it's true.

to answer the OP question, i think they're just nasty in different ways. who's "nastier" would be a matter of perception.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm going to go with NT just because it's very easy for us to say offensive things without meaning any offense whatsoever, so imagine if we really wanted it to hurt? At least, I've noticed this in myself in both IRL and online.

In my youth, especially during college, I had a very quick temper and would maliciously direct my NeTi to examine an individual and use that gathered information against them. The aftermath was not pretty and I ended up looking like Satan incarnate not only to the person I was focusing on, but also those unfortunate enough to be witnesses. As a result, I now keep that nuclear NeTi option securely locked away and really see no reason why it should ever be used.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

haha I just read the OP instead of skimming it. My response was generally speaking of who's nastier.

who's nastier to each other : I'm going to go NF vs NF, just because of that feeling function. I think NT vs NT would turn into a war of words trying to prove who can out think the other until they both realize they are having fun being challenged.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by teleforce View Post
    i think they're just nasty in different ways. who's "nastier" would be a matter of perception.

And so many dynamics at play. But I would say that when pushed, really, really, REALLY pushed in a fight, I would tend to stoop low and say something that could hurt you emotionally. Nastily. Just to shut you up and get you off me. But then I would feel bad that I did. SO the net gain is zero.

But I think the real battles and misunderstandings come between type rather than within. I don't think I've ever had an NF - NF battle.

Of course my brand of nasty is pretty tame anyway ... if I say the "f" word the earth stops rotating around the sun for a second, reeling at the shock of it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

To me, it's about Respect. In general, with NFs I encountered IRL, should there ever be any kind of tension- it's mostly a gentle nudge- "hey, I'm upset.." and we either support each other and talk it out, or laugh at it.

It depends on how much we respect one another. I think anyone can be nasty towards anybody, depending on how spiteful that person is, and how much resentment they hold in..

I think the nastiest types are the ones who say the most subtle/vicious things in front of everyone, when it's least expected as a way to berate/make the other person look bad in a bureaucratic, group conforming kind of way.. I tend to gravitate towards those who are genuine/happy, because happy people don't do those things. And, those who do resort to playing games, antics, and social bullying.. well, I feel sorry for them, because I wonder how they can live like that day-in-day out. How authentic can that be?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

NT fighting... I thought they just debate stuff. Us NFs on the other hand get too emotionally charged and rip eachothers hearts out when we get the motivation and the chance. Then again, I sometimes wonder if my understanding of it is because I start half of them on this board.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]