123 Last

Thread: Cynical INFPs

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Cynical INFPs

I'm an INFP but I frequently get mistaken for INTP or even ENTP due to my cynical nature, high valuation of logic and my dry and ironical/sarcastic sense of humour.

Can any other INFPs or even other NFs relate?
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

In person I come across a lot colder, sarcastic, and "logical". I'm pretty emotional at core, but that's not my everyday, public face.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Fuck no...

I'm not cynical, nor am I sarcastic.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I know a really cynical INFP, but it's not really the cool sarcastic kind of cynical. But more bitter and negative. Though I'm sure there are INFPs out there with dry cynicism.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post

Mmm-hmm, kind of. I don't do cynicism, but I do have a (sometimes) sharp tongue and a knack for philosophy. I know there have to be a lot of people who read some of the things I've written and come away thinking I'm an NT. These are people who don't realize that NFs are capable of being thinkers and that we're not all fluff-filled teddy bears.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Blackcat, you come off like a male infp Mary Poppins. Warm and cuddly and all that junk.

I wonder if I come off like an istj sometimes since I'd rather not embarrass myself by acting on every first whim, potentially ruining my public reputation (haha!) with a 100% hedonistic-driven me (a sort of anabolic/acid-pumped es/ntj rage that does exist). I'd be really afraid of my own will if I had more than the iota of energy I have to sustain what I do present.

In light of the fact that my energy level is low but awareness is very high, I do say little but aim for maximum efficiency - below the belt only sporadically. I have a fairly good grasp of what I (and others) can and cannot accomplish - and thus usually try to use that ground to listen to others, mixing ideas/thoughts, and push very hard for a direction (general or particular) that they should consider. Brain/willpower is up there in abundance, but I have a very hard time working for my own benefit because I have such rein over everything I do (and often people in my immediate environment) and the individual doesn't really matter in the long run, really.

Kind of weird? In sum, I am an optimist, realist, dreamer, etc. ice cream swirl.

thinking of you

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    I'm an INFP but I frequently get mistaken for INTP or even ENTP due to my cynical nature, high valuation of logic and my dry and ironical/sarcastic sense of humour.

I can relate. I don't get mistaken for other types, because I don't know anyone who types, but my 'public' face is very cool, and probably seems arrogant/superior at first blush. This is a calculated self-protective measure; once you get to know me, I'm very inviting and open to contact.
    inside I'm often cynical, and value logic highly (mostly as a 'checking' function for intuition).

heart on fire

When complaining about me, people most often complain that I am cold, aloof, cynical, don't give a damn, bad attitude, etc. Extroverts have also complained that I am borning and lights on, no one home.

I don't know anyone who is into typology off this board though.

MBTI
    INFP

It really depends on my mood and who is near me, but yes, I can relate. Some people who know me well say I can be cynical and sarcastic.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%