User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Cynical INFPs

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I have a little bit cynicism and optimism combined. I hate humans but maybe, just maybe we'll evolve into happy tree hugging fairies one day.

I also can be very sarcastic but not really in a negative tone.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Cynical? Only if the people are worth bothering let it be seen. It's easier to stay chill to the world and wall them out.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm sarcastic and cynical in my mind like 24/7, mostly because I think it's funny and it actually sort of lightens my mood. Otherwise, I'd be like, "Ooooh, look at the flowers growing along the sidewalk, aching for life despite their tragic circumstances. Everything in our world revolves around life and death, and you can neither define it as good or bad, evil or . . . " Yadda yadda, more sappy prose. It's excruciating.

I can also be sarcastic & cynical when I'm with really good friends, because they already know me and know that I don't mean any harm by it or anything.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thats my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who cant go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I can relate. I don't get mistaken for other types, because I don't know anyone who types, but my 'public' face is very cool, and probably seems arrogant/superior at first blush. This is a calculated self-protective measure; once you get to know me, I'm very inviting and open to contact.
    inside I'm often cynical, and value logic highly (mostly as a 'checking' function for intuition).
    ^This completely.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    I'm an INFP but I frequently get mistaken for INTP or even ENTP due to my cynical nature, high valuation of logic and my dry and ironical/sarcastic sense of humour.

Can any other INFPs or even other NFs relate?
    *nods head*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

There was a stage in my life where I was cynical and sarcastic all the time (the terrible teens) and now that I am in my twenties...I feel sorry for my family and friends for having to deal with that.

Nowadays I have been told that my humor and stance towards life is still somewhat dry and cynical but in a considerably lighter way. Most people don't think I'm serious or that I am just being outrageous for entertainment purposes...which is true to some extent but sometimes not.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    I'm an INFP but I frequently get mistaken for INTP or even ENTP due to my cynical nature, high valuation of logic and my dry and ironical/sarcastic sense of humour.

Can any other INFPs or even other NFs relate?
    The Swedes say hund. It is hound in English.
    The Greeks write it kyo:n.
    In some old Greek dialects, it sounds exactly like the Swedish hund.
    Even today.

Who betrays the faithful?
    Not the faithful.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by bluebreads View Post
    There was a stage in my life where I was cynical and sarcastic all the time (the terrible teens) and now that I am in my twenties...I feel sorry for my family and friends for having to deal with that.

Nowadays I have been told that my humor and stance towards life is still somewhat dry and cynical but in a considerably lighter way. Most people don't think I'm serious or that I am just being outrageous for entertainment purposes...which is true to some extent but sometimes not.
    The teens are the worst
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    XNFP

I've always had a threshold for cynicism/sarcasm but it wasn't very developed at a young age. I think I started out earlier in life being too trusting, optimistic and naive and the combination of certain life events (breakups, best friend betrayal, and door to door sales "refusal") and hanging out with too many people of the SJ temperament... I think I got jaded, felt like somewhat of an outsider, even amongst some of my "best friends" and thats when my cynicism/sarcasm started really unfolding. I think my coworkers and friends would describe me as optimistic and having a great sense of humor (but my job is stressful and everybody can get pretty negative and I usually take a devil's advocate role and counter whatever the "popular" mood is of wherever I am, I guess thats pretty damn cynical in a way too haha) but I initially think pretty negative about things and use humor in a way that allows me to make fun of the negative. I exhibit more teen angst in my mid twenties than I ever did as a teen haha but I'm slowly making my way out of it. Being pissed and cynical is overrated I'm finding out...

MBTI
    AHH!

Yep, I am very sarcastic often. It's only when I'm trying to gain some sort of enjoyment out of an otherwise non-enjoyable situation. What I mean is, my sarcasm is only there to help, heh.