User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    infp

..sorry, Fuzz.. I wanted to ask if you could describe the 'cohesiveness' you mention... my 'brain's not getting it today...

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Sorry, mine isn't either.

What I just meant to say was that for NF/NF relationships to last (so they can stay together), they need to work at being tolerant of the softer parts of each other.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    infp

.. darn 'expanding' stuff..

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Sorry, mine isn't either.

What I just meant to say was that for NF/NF relationships to last (so they can stay together), they need to work at being tolerant of the softer parts of each other.
    Well said.

The wonderful part of the NF/NF pairing - the deep understanding and emotional connectivity - can also be a big hobble if both partners aren't kind and respectful of each other. There can be a lot of feeling flying around, so being respectful and humble with one another is critical.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Well said.

The wonderful part of the NF/NF pairing - the deep understanding and emotional connectivity - can also be a big hobble if both partners aren't kind and respectful of each other. There can be a lot of feeling flying around, so being respectful and humble with one another is critical.

Just saw this thread.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Wow, this sounds like something I would do.

I am an ENFP type 4 Enneagram. I am a very avoidant person, but a fairly strong E. Sometimes we kind of just...drop off of the face of the Earth for whatever reason. When we don't wake up in the morning with a good gut feeling. It's not necessarily an Introverted thing, but may have something to do with Introverted Feeling (Fi). I am always avoiding people and sometimes have problems with responding to people via internet through PMs and whatnot.

As for this guy, I'm not sure why he would have just left you. There must be a good reason in his eyes. Chances are, he feels bad about it, but is shielding his emotions with this whole situation.

I hate telling people to give up, but the only way you're going to get his attention is to completely cut away your ties with him. At least until he someday realizes that he had backed out on a potentially awesome experience, and will start things. Let him start things this time around.

Yeah, I have faith in that. I can certainly relate to this guy. Don't think ill of it, chances are it probably wasn't something he just pulled out of the blue.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    infp

Hey, Soul.. I don't think of him as doing something he hadn't thought (or felt) about a bit (he's very smart and trying to be good/healthy, I think)... which seems a lot better than heavy avoiding or disappearing .. somehow I honor that he's got to do what he's got to do... but damn it's been strange and frustrating.. distance (2 hrs) making that even moreso (when I had an LD LTR before, with an unhealthy ENTP.. we talked and talked). I had looked up Type 4 Enneagram (I know much less about them; SciVo mentioned it early on) and thought he was a 7 on first read.. just took a quick look at another site and 4 ('Romantic') could be a good fit. Btw.. I would think all of this is too tedious and detailed and analytical for ENFPs...?

And Biaxident... is NF/NF pairing worth it? Is it a conscious selection/seeking.. again, it seems too long since I've found many relationships I valued a lot..

MBTI
    infp

... not 'valued a lot' - but in any special way.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

I don't know about conscious...but understanding each other goes a long way towaard smoothing over probleems...sorry to many beers.

Still not over my last...she just got off the phone with me, complaining about things ...yet she has a nother guy, but still calls me.

MBTI
    infp

Oh noo, ... that sounds so painful, Biaxident... I'm sorry.. *hugs*... I'd feel very lucky to have someone like you in my life.... the 'nother guy/girl' always knocks me badly.. though knowing that they *feel* too (as you're explaining to me) somehow always makes me feel the littlest better... 'cause I know they also feel the pain, even if they're not saying it at the moment (and 'complaining')... I don't know the right words to put it in, but I really admire your view/take/description of it.. I don't know, 'consciousness' or awareness of where you're at... I can't put it into words (or at least clear ones sometimes!) so easily..

I'm hearing that understanding the person can be a good thing... but not necessarily one you want to or choose to, or maybe are able - to deal with productively or for your own health, all of the time.. You are a very smart guy...! Have one on me...!