User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    iNFp
    Enneagram
    4w3?

Default INFJs don't seem overemotional

Like I know some ENFPs, I know an INFP (other than myself) and I know an ENFJ.
    The ENFPs and INFP are SUPER melodramatic.

The ENFJ isn't a cryer, but he's very emotional in his arguments and rules out logic almost entirely.

But I don't know any INFJs really well. They don't seem to be too emotional though. They seem to be almost Ts.
    Most INFP are high Fs
    So are INFJs low fs?

Painfully Bipolar

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

LOL my husband doesn't seem to be "T". In fact, I think I seem more "T" than him. He can be just as emotional as any NF.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Koocoomoo View Post
    So are INFJs low fs?
    No that's just Coolness

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ

I guess I think I'm just being considerate of other people -- why get them all worried and upset? I absorb other peoples' intense emotions and they really take their toll on me sometimes, so I don't like to do the same to other people -- but I guess other people don't react that way.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Having my emotions all hanging out all over the place in public would be the symbolic equivalent of dropping my drawers in the middle of a busy shopping mall. The emotions are there, I just don't feel that everyone needs to see them.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Having my emotions all hanging out all over the place in public would be the symbolic equivalent of dropping my drawers in the middle of a busy shopping mall. The emotions are there, I just don't feel that everyone needs to see them.
    This.

Also, sometimes I just don't care to get too worked up about things. I just think "Okay...nice. Next." Everyday events are not worthy of the energy it takes to gush about them. Fe-ing all the time drains energy.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Koocoomoo View Post
    Like I know some ENFPs, I know an INFP (other than myself) and I know an ENFJ.
    The ENFPs and INFP are SUPER melodramatic.

The ENFJ isn't a cryer, but he's very emotional in his arguments and rules out logic almost entirely.

But I don't know any INFJs really well. They don't seem to be too emotional though. They seem to be almost Ts.
    Most INFP are high Fs
    So are INFJs low fs?
    If you knew one well, I think you'd see a more emotional side. But they are Perception dominant and ENFJ and INFP are Feeling dominant.

But I still say that someone you think is INFP who is super-duper emo, like raging, crying and wailing dramatically all the time isn't INFP but some other type. INFP are more sulkers who dole out silent treatments and passive-aggressive punishments when upset, send out their heavy waves of emotion through dark looks etc until the people around them who care would gladly deal with an outright outburst just to get the real story on what was going on in their heads.

But not too many crying and screaming fits. I think just as with INFJ, there are many people on here mistyping others as INFP. But I used to mistype some people in my life ESFJ so I think it is pretty darn common to mistype others.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    LOL my husband doesn't seem to be "T". In fact, I think I seem more "T" than him. He can be just as emotional as any NF.
    Yes, my husband (INFJ) saves every ounce of emotions he feels during the day and expresses them to me when he comes home. Everyone thinks he is so calm. Not many people have ever seen his face of emotion. And he can sustain expression of emotion longer than me. Sustained emotional expression wipes me out, sometimes it seems to energize him.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    If you knew one well, I think you'd see a more emotional side.
    Yes, if you are a significant person in the life of the INFJ you will definitely see more of the emotional side. In romantic relationships, especially. In fact, in that case, the INFJ may save most of their emotions just. for. you!

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yes, my husband (INFJ) saves every ounce of emotions he feels during the day and expresses them to me when he comes home. Everyone thinks he is so calm. Not many people have ever seen his face of emotion. And he can sustain expression of emotion longer than me. Sustained emotional expression wipes me out, sometimes it seems to energize him.
    Lol, I wrote the above before you edited this in. And yes, INFJs can sustain emotional expression for quite long once they get worked up. But INFPs I know can as well.

MBTI
    INFP

INFJs are more content to observe the world around them and how much it sucks, then relay their findings to whomever will hear them out. If they become emotional around you, it's either because they trust you not to judge them or something's snapped upstairs. By the latter point if you haven't guessed they're under that much pressure before setting them off, you deserve everything they throw at you.

And while we're on the subject of contents under pressure...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGWmONHipVo"]MYTHBUSTERS!![/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MFJAGgernaut-B View Post
    INFJs are more content to observe the world around them and how much it sucks, then relay their findings to whomever will hear them out. If they become emotional around you, it's either because they trust you not to judge them or something's snapped upstairs. By the latter point if you haven't guessed they're under that much pressure before setting them off, you deserve everything they throw at you.
    Ok I agree, but why do you always need to tell everyone ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]