User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    iNFp
    Enneagram
    4w3?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Back to the OP,

I don't rule out logic, it's just my weakest point, and I don't choose it much of the time in lieu of "people considerations". Be careful with your generalizations Koocoomoo. As Keirsey says, it tends to be the holy grail of the ENFJ to find logic in his/her life. That definetly holds true for me--I don't feel as though I can respect myself without at least examining something dispassionately, though I don't claim to weild logic without error.

And I do cry. Once, every three years. It's just hard to find somebody I trust enough to break down like that in front of...it's very rare that I'll want to do so. When I do, it's like the weight of the world lifts off me and I'm ready to go for another three.
    Gah!
    I'm not making generalizations person,
    I was referring to the people I know.
    The ENFPs and the INFP that I KNOW are melodramatic.
    And the ENFJ I KNOW is w/o logic!
    Not talking about you, or any other ENFPs or INFPs.
    Can this be settled please? In none of my posts to I ever generalize.
    -I should write a disclaimer from now on. =/

Painfully Bipolar

MBTI
    INFJ

I've heard that INFJ's are the most sensitive type, but I don't see how that can be true. I would think that INFP's and ENFJ's would be more sensitive than INFJ's, for the obvious reason that they have feeling as their dominant, not secondary like INFJ's do.

MBTI
    INFJ

SuperFob: I think internally we may be the most sensitive type. When I was ENFP and INFP in my youth I took things way less to heart. I could use escapism way more back then. Now everything seems to effect my self so much more, down to the core, in a way that isn't easily expressible so I internalize it.

MBTI
    iNFp
    Enneagram
    4w3?

Quote Originally Posted by scortia View Post
    SuperFob: I think internally we may be the most sensitive type. When I was ENFP and INFP in my youth I took things way less to heart. I could use escapism way more back then. Now everything seems to effect my self so much more, down to the core, in a way that isn't easily expressible so I internalize it.
    Ouch.
    I'm sorry - that sounds bad.

Painfully Bipolar

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I've heard that INFJ's are the most sensitive type, but I don't see how that can be true. I would think that INFP's and ENFJ's would be more sensitive than INFJ's, for the obvious reason that they have feeling as their dominant, not secondary like INFJ's do.
    There is a difference between reactivity and sensitivity. I few an INFJs sensitivity as being able to scope out all the nooks and crannies of an impression or emotion they have so that they glean the most out of it. ENFJs and INFPs are on different ends of the spectrum of feeling. Where an ENFJ uses feeling to mainly meet an end, and INFPs see feeling as an end itself. INFJs are somewhere in the middle, especially since Ni is their main function and is made to see all sides of an issue or piece of information.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I don't know if INFJs are less emotional than other Fs. I don't actually know any other INFJs other than myself. I will say that I am much less demonstrative about my negative feelings than most of the other feelers that I know.(I do however know a INFP who is perhaps even less demonstrative than I). People have their own pain to deal with without being burdened by my feelings. I also find that I have many feelings, thoughts, and ideas that others would not understand so I often keep them to myself until I can talk to those who would appreciate what I have to say.

I do wish a couple of my other Feeler friends would afford me the same curtesy of not burdening me with all their negative emotions. I am usually a compasionate person but certain people I know put on such a dramatic display about their pain that all I feel is annoyance. This is really hard for me because so many times I will realize that they truly are in pain and if they weren't displaying it in such an overt manner I could actually feel the compassion necessary for me to act warmly towards them. I still try my best to be generous with them but it is very trying on my patience. I guess it's actually because Im so willing to play the part of everyone's counsellor that I find this so repelling. I mean, everyone that knows me knows that I am full of more hugs and comforting words than most people even want. So it's actually hurtful to me when someone feels that they have to demand this of me. At that point, I no longer feel as though I'm giving of myself to someone, but rather greasing a squeaky wheel. Once a gift is demanded, it's no longer a gift. Why do they think they have to be so overly dramatic to get my sympathy? It's like walking into a soup kitchen for the homeless with a gun in one's hand saying, "Give me a meal or I'll shoot!" Unnecessary, really. Don't know if this makes sense to anyone else or not but I do feel a bit better for having expressed this anyway. I would never tell someone this in person in a million years.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Star W View Post
    I don't know if INFJs are less emotional than other Fs. I don't actually know any other INFJs other than myself. I will say that I am much less demonstrative about my negative feelings than most of the other feelers that I know.(I do however know a INFP who is perhaps even less demonstrative than I). People have their own pain to deal with without being burdened by my feelings. I also find that I have many feelings, thoughts, and ideas that others would not understand so I often keep them to myself until I can talk to those who would appreciate what I have to say.

I do wish a couple of my other Feeler friends would afford me the same courtesy of not burdening me with all their negative emotions. I am usually a compassionate person but certain people I know put on such a dramatic display about their pain that all I feel is annoyance. This is really hard for me because so many times I will realize that they truly are in pain and if they weren't displaying it in such an overt manner I could actually feel the compassion necessary for me to act warmly towards them. I still try my best to be generous with them but it is very trying on my patience. I guess it's actually because I'm so willing to play the part of every one's counsellor that I find this so repelling. I mean, everyone that knows me knows that I am full of more hugs and comforting words than most people even want. So it's actually hurtful to me when someone feels that they have to demand this of me. At that point, I no longer feel as though I'm giving of myself to someone, but rather greasing a squeaky wheel. Once a gift is demanded, it's no longer a gift. Why do they think they have to be so overly dramatic to get my sympathy? It's like walking into a soup kitchen for the homeless with a gun in one's hand saying, "Give me a meal or I'll shoot!" Unnecessary, really. Don't know if this makes sense to anyone else or not but I do feel a bit better for having expressed this anyway. I would never tell someone this in person in a million years.
    I completely understand you. You feel their pain and want to help but you don't want to end up being clung to either, you're also aware that you might be the only person they can go to so the last thing you want to do is turn your back on them. You might be tempted to offer advice but they don't take it, they keep coming back with the same stuff like a skipping CD until you finally realize they just need to hear themselves talk until they can sort it out for themselves. The bizarre thing is that they're your best friend until they manage to find their way out their hole, then you rarely hear from them again. It's similar to the wild bird with the broken wing.

This might be a me thing and not an INFJ thing but I have a real issue with commitment to just about anything. I'm always concerned I will get involved with a cause or a person, become disillusioned and want to back out but I know that calling it quits causes me grief. I don't want to let anybody down and I get disgusted with myself for not seeing it through. When I was younger I would find myself carrying on with projects long after everyone else had dropped out. Sometimes people would gave me a gift or a luncheon to show their gratitude thinking I was doing all that work because I was dedicated and while I felt a bit of satisfaction that I was being thanked the truth is that the thanks didn't amount to it's full measure with me because I had spent so much time feeling resentful. Eventually I learned to say no, I learned to keep my distance and I learned to voice my dissatisfaction if I had to. I also learned that just because I can pick up on subtle clues to someone's emotional state, most people aren't as tuned in or turn a deaf ear if it suits them. I have to be pretty certain I'm going to be OK to see something through before I say yes because there's always that chance I'll get completely caught up in it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

I think I seem pretty calm and collected to people who know me casually, but there is a seething cauldron of emotion beneath the surface. My husband jokes that I have a "tornado" spinning around in my brain whenever I'm upset or moody. Very few people ever see that side of me though. In fact when I'm upset I go to great lengths to pretend to be fine in front of all but my very closest confidantes.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I read somewhere that INFJs are the second most sensitive type, behind INFPs. That rings true to me, because I am extremely sensitive and easily hurt (though I often don't reveal this), and probably the only people more sensitive than me that I've ever met were all INFPs. However, as far as demonstrative emotion, I would guess that INFJs rank behind many other feeling types in that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

damn...i don't think enfps appear super emotional do we?

but no i get this very strong feeling from the two infjs i know and damn is it hard to see them become emotional...it makes me so protective feeling towards them...such strong creatures they are and then to see them break down...ughh...it's a painful thing to witness.

edit: oh...haha of course we do, don't we...just realized i just did...haha.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison