User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Being in the hospital and almost losing my twin sister at the same time I was losing my own life has done something horrible to me that I can't explain.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    It wasn't easy. I have had my demons. After a while, though, you learn that you either rip yourself to shreds or you move on.

After a painful struggle, I decided to move on, but it wasn't easy, trust me. I could write books, and I've cried bathtubs of tears in the healing process.
    How do you make the shredding stop? I don't know how... these people are stitched onto me and when they die, it's like being thrown into the hole with them. Or wanting irrationally and desperately to dig them back up.

Makes you into a stronger person though.
    I don't know about you, but I think we've had *enough* character building experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    If I didn't have my kids depending on me, I probably wouldn't be coping. I guess I keep going for them.

Reading your stories is just heart-wrenching. I guess Ts and Fs probably process grief a bit differently. Since my husband died, I never know when or where I am going to just burst into tears. I guess that's cause I'm usually out of touch with my feelings, but as soon as I start thinking about him... I don't mind crying though. It's healing and cleansing. If I didn't cry, I'd probably die from the stress.
    Just reading your words makes me feel a sort of awful hollowness that can never be filled. You have no idea how my heart broke for you when you lost your husband. I felt helpless to speak because grief that deep has no language or voice, just a deep trembling.

You'll see him again.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    How do you make the shredding stop? I don't know how... these people are stitched onto me and when they die, it's like being thrown into the hole with them. Or wanting irrationally and desperately to dig them back up.
    Speaking from my experiences, I can only say you can't force a broken heart to heal. You have to be patient and take things one day at a time.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I have this lifelong kneejerk antipathy to endings, as if I had some inhuman control over them. Automatic impulse tells me to plunge my arms in the Styx and start yanking people back out when I know I can't. I CAN'T. I tell myself that it doesn't exist within my mortal capacity, but it doesn't stop the miserable hand-wringing and circling and standing on the edge looking in, or the anger. If you're branded into my psyche, I don't let go.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Just reading your words makes me feel a sort of awful hollowness that can never be filled. You have no idea how my heart broke for you when you lost your husband. I felt helpless to speak because grief that deep has no language or voice, just a deep trembling.

You'll see him again.
    Thank you for your empathy... and for validating my feelings. You're right. There are no words... Frankly all that makes me feel better is when people just hold me and let me cry. That's all that helps.

I still have to keep on going... keep putting one foot in front of the other. But I feel so ALONE. I hate it! I know I have friends and family, but they have their lives and I feel like my life is all on my shoulders now... and my kids' lives too.

We're probably going to be okay, but I face fear every single day. There's not a day that I'm not terrified of the future.

But thank you for caring. Knowing that people care about me does make me feel better.

MBTI
    ENFP

Wow, some very painful stories in this thread, situations that I don't envy for a second and safe to say no one else does either.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ENFj

Yeah losing a loved one can take a toll on you. I too have lost those closest to me and sometimes the best thing to do is not to hold your feelings back. I always try to remember the good times and tell myself that they are only gone momentarily because I will see them again but not yet. I would go talk to him or at least give him a call I am sure he would appreciate it a lot. Wounds like these never really heal but at the same time, do we really want them to heal? Would we become heartless if those wounds healed and we stopped caring for those we lost?
    Last edited by The Third Rider; 08-25-2009 at 12:02 PM.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I've posted something else related to this in my blog, if you're interested.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I don't know if its just me, or if its ENFJ related but I NEVER really let go those whom I loved/love.

For example, I lost my sister; and even though its been more than 10 years, I think of her daily. And once in awhile, when my memories of her come rushing back to me, I vividly re-experience all the feelings of lost, bittersweet emotions....its hard to explain. It seems that I like to wallow in my emotions....as if the pain somehow reconnects me back to them....

I don't think I ever move on....just learn how to cope / pick-up the pieces.

*hugs pink*

(btw, my INTP called me a 'piranha'....and I thought of you )
    Men themselves have wondered what they see in me. They try so much but they can't touch my inner mystery. I'm a woman. Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman. That's me. /Maya Angelou

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Loosing a good friend and someone you admire is one of those things...I can't even express how terrible it is, but I've been there.

"There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"