User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    At INFPgc, there was a thread about disliking hugs, especially in public (really! :eek . I'd venture to say most of us like to receive them more than we'll let on though. I've gotten more huggy with age and welcome it now, but I used to be resistant...
    I like to hug very much but I only like to hug a select number of people.

Hugs can be a super aggressive thing too. I hate when I have to hug relatives who have been hateful to me. I don't even understand why they want it, unless it is some kind of power thing.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsWoman View Post
    OH, my yes Halla - very very normal!!!
    Congrats on making it this far!!

Something similar with my ENTJ... damn, I miss him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Reminds me of the boyfriend I had who let me go because I made him think too much. So yeah, congrats on getting so far!
    Thank you BOTH! *Cowers on floor fighting off learned helplessness*

WOW! It's some heavy shit for a guy like me to ponder, but my INFJ NEEDS that kind of dialog or else things ARE NOT OK.

I cannot explain how alien of a concept that is to an extroverted sensor thinker perceiver. If an organism is not screaming and splurting out blood and having bones sticking out of its appendages then it's OK right????

WRONG!!!

We're both giving it the old college try though becasue the love is there for sure, we just speak different dialects of Martian and Venetian.

MBTI
    INFP

I had to learn my ENTJ needed debate and argument!! ----He learned to get that need met elsewhere at least some of the time. Never thought I'm miss that soap box!!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

And if you all fail with your friends, remember girls I am always there for you ! (And yes halla you can come too)
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    iNtJ

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    I just realised that I may have been unclear in my original post, so here's a bit of clarity:
    "The reasons you have for not calling are completely understandable--but did she know about these reasons? If she didn't, then it may seem to her as if you flagrantly went against what she specifically asked you to do--hence the hurt feelings."

So my basic point was to ask whether you explained why you texted instead of calling.
    I did, well, I tried, but I'm not sure if she heard/comprehended any of it through all the yelling.

Update:
    So I told her today that I really don't want to leave with us being on bad terms. (I am moving out in nine days, across the Atlantic).

She looks at me and tells me "We are always on good terms."

And I'm thinking, "by good terms, I sort of meant the kind of terms where you're not telling me that I'm egocentric and don't give a damn about anyone besides myself".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MFJAGgernaut-B View Post
    Not sure about INFPs, but I know INFJs are all about non-verbals, so maybe translating a few of our non-verbals would help?

NERVOUS GLANCES

What It Means - If an INFJ starts casting nervous glances in any direction, it usually means there's something more important to him at the moment than whatever discussion you're intent on engaging him in. As such, it should come as a sign that you've been talking way too long about way too little; you're either taking too long to get to the point or spending too much time dwelling on it.
    Good idea.
    ^I'd relate that to INFPs too, or at least to me personally.

All of the general body language signals are good signs: active listening, eye contact, facing you, etc. I'm bad at making myself look interested.

One thing I'd like to say is that we're very good at picking up on signs. Nonetheless, we may not respond to them because we want you to make the first move. So, if you give every sign that you want to kiss me, for instance, and I don't pull away, then go for it. By not rejecting those signs, I am indirectly giving you permission.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I like to hug very much but I only like to hug a select number of people.

Hugs can be a super aggressive thing too. I hate when I have to hug relatives who have been hateful to me. I don't even understand why they want it, unless it is some kind of power thing.
    Hugs should be mutually enjoyed. I'll hug people as a polite greeting, but no "real" hugs except for those I am close to.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Nothing is inherently wrong with taking things personally; in fact, many things should be taken very personally. It's all context-dependent.

The problem is that NFPs especially (and to a lesser extent NFJs and sometimes SFs) don't know where to draw the line between personal and impersonal. The mature ones recognize when their natural feeling response isn't appropriate and are able to separate themselves from the situation and make a more objective decision--this is very important in many situations.

I'm not going to reconsider shit in terms of expressing my brilliant opinion--maybe you should buy shampoo with "no more tears" so we can start working with you like reasonable adults instead of high functioning children who can't understand why objective criticism is sometimes necessary. Of course it's possible to be too insensitive and many people (usually Ts) are; again it's a balance, but I really can't accept the idea that feelings should always govern 100% of interactions and that if I hurt anyone's feelings I'm automatically wrong. The fact is, some people are too sensitive, and that's life.

Granted, strong Ts often have the opposite problem in terms of never knowing when things should be approached from a personal standpoint, but for the love of God, there is a fucking line--I'm really sorry here, but I'm not going to bend over backwards and walk on eggshells all the time because some people are too childish to handle honesty.
    I agree with this fully. There needs to be balance.

Some people ARE too sensitive. I'm saying this as a highly sensitive person myself. It is almost impossible to hurt people who are EXTREMELY sensitive, because no matter how nice or tactful or gentle you are, they will take personal angle in it. It is harmful to both the sensitive person [poor things make mountains out of every molehill] as well as to the relationship.

Example: I am direct, but extremely gentle. Not only do I remove any percievable meanness from an unfavorable statement, but I pad it with sugar all around. My oversensitive boyfriend would, nonetheless, get mad and cry. Not my fault. If you need to walk on eggshells, it DOES hurt the relationship due to poor communication.
    Everybody needs love.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsWoman View Post
    I had to learn my ENTJ needed debate and argument!! ----He learned to get that need met elsewhere at least some of the time. Never thought I'm miss that soap box!!
    I love a good argument more than a bottle of fine wine, but I won't strike one up with my lovey-dovey to fancy that urge of mine, that's rude, and totally unproductive. I chew who needs chewing out when they need chewing out, the minute they fuck up. I don't let my co-workers piss me off and then come home and be an ass to my wife or my pets. I don't belive doing as such is the work of a wise man. Sorry you had to live through that.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    And if you all fail with your friends, remember girls I am always there for you ! (And yes halla you can come too)
    Oh my, thank you so much Entropie. Fortunately, I was built without having the option to fail, so I will stand alongside you and support hose that can. Let us drink to their recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Coeur View Post
    ...All of the general body language signals are good signs: active listening, eye contact, facing you, etc. I'm bad at making myself look interested.

One thing I'd like to say is that we're very good at picking up on signs.
    This is not directed at you Coeur, but you said it most recently. I have heard from many XNFX types that they are good at "picking up on signs" or have "good intuition" and must staste from my own observations that this is folly in many cases. Many sensors THINK they know what is going on around them but they are dead wrong because their perception is jaded by prior experience/lack thereof. Idyllics can suffer from the same errors, in the they FEEL they know what is going on but they are reading into things with the prejudice of prior experience, fear, etc. Each situation must be judged case by case. No person of any type is given a hallpass to make great predictions about any and all things, from what I have seen anyway. Not soapboxing, just a big extrapolation from little old me...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Oh my, thank you so much Entropie. Fortunately, I was built without having the option to fail, so I will stand alongside you and support hose that can. Let us drink to their recovery.
    Alrite. The stage is yours

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

Oh my, thank you so much Entropie. I will stand alongside you and support hose that can. Let us drink to their recovery.
    i think entropie would prefer fishnets. am i right?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram