First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I think the term becoming 'normal' meant becoming more capable in the society's norm.
    Yes! Someone gets what I'm trying to get across!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

I dunno... this can go for every person in the entire world, but just accept an INFP for who they are. You be you, and let them be them, and you're good to go. Every time someone asks, "Why're you so quiet?" something inside me dies, lol. Well, maybe not that melodramatic, but you get the gist.

"The trick is to break these traits and become normal. But a lot of people won't do that. I don't see how being complicated, overly emotional and hyper sensitive are good traits."

There's always a good and bad to everything. And believe me, probably more than half of all the INFP's out there have wished that they were "normal" and "like everyone else" at some point in time.

As a matter of fact, I think that most of these INFP's are overwhelmed by how different they are compared to the majority of people around them, so they deny their true selves and masquerade as something they're not. That's definitely a lot easier in the short term, but in the long term I think people who deny instead of accept themselves will live life with a lingering, subtle bitterness.

This is all really general though. I mean, finding things in yourself that you want to change so that you can lead a happier life doesn't mean you're "denying your true self" or anything.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thats my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who cant go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Bolded- Not really what I meant.
    What did you mean? Because it sounded like you were saying that INFs should take cues from other types as to how to behave most effectively.

And "normal" probably wasn't a good term to use, but whatever.
    Yes, it wasn't. Because normality, as one can see from being on a typology forum, does not exist in any true sense.

My point was that having these traits and having them take a negative effect on you should be avoided. Great post btw Scott.

And what I'm trying to say is that you should strive to not let those things as an NF take control of you and cause issues for you. And this relates to the OP because "special treatment" usually means that these traits need to be catered to, but the way I see it is that they are just getting in the way.
    You're starting from the premise that these traits will have a negative effect.

Every type has a different way of approaching things, and if one is to be involved with a certain type, it would help if they were aware of this. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I think the term becoming 'normal' meant becoming more capable in the society's norm.
    Groupthink.

I wasn't aware we were on the SJ forum.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Yeah... not allowing traits to have a negative effect on you is the same thing as not feeling bad about being yourself, and I think everyone can use that advise.
    Anyone who cant go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    What did you mean? Because it sounded like you were saying that INFs should take cues from other types as to how to behave most effectively.
    Where? I wasn't implying that at all. O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    You're starting from the premise that these traits will have a negative effect.
    Reread what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat
    My point was that having these traits and having them take a negative effect on you should be avoided.
    Where did I say that they WILL? This isn't an absolute. It's an IF.

Every type has a different way of approaching things, and if one is to be involved with a certain type, it would help if they were aware of this. Nothing wrong with that.
    Yep. That's part of the purpose of this system.

You really just don't understand me, all of our disputes on here are based on one of us getting the wrong idea from the other it seems.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    I dunno... this can go for every person in the entire world, but just accept an INFP for who they are. You be you, and let them be them, and you're good to go. Every time someone asks, "Why're you so quiet?" something inside me dies, lol. Well, maybe not that melodramatic, but you get the gist.
    This. Tell them that it's okay and normal to be their crazy self.. and then give them a hug.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Anyways, to get on topic, I'll add some things-

-CARING FOR YOUR INFP-

1. When we logic fail with you in a conversation, don't jump on us for it. Because logic honestly doesn't matter to us, and by doing this you are just annoying us.

2. If we have any sort of disagreement, reassure us in some way. Our inner calm is an absolute necessity, and it's great if you make the effort to make us feel good. This doesn't have to be anything major either, just talking about anything (this lets us know that everything is the way that it was) or reassuring us with a sentence or two. "Don't worry, I was just trying to come to an agreement, and you do that by mutually stating opinions" etc, depending on context.

3. Tell us about your attachments to certain topics and things, let us know your emotional attachments. This isn't anything major either, we just function via Fi, we need to know your connections to fully function, Fi is the language we speak.

Will try to think up some others...
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

3. Tell us about your attachments to certain topics and things, let us know your emotional attachments. This isn't anything major either, we just function via Fi, we need to know your connections to fully function, Fi is the language we speak.
    Ah yeah, not sure if this is what you meant but I definitely feel more at ease when someone shares with me their feelings on things. Even if it's just telling me how they hate presenting in front of a lot of people or they need to be around a lot of people to feel alive, I feel a ton more at ease with then for some reason afterwards.
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    Ah yeah, not sure if this is what you meant but I definitely feel more at ease when someone shares with me their feelings on things. Even if it's just telling me how they hate presenting in front of a lot of people or they need to be around a lot of people to feel alive, I feel a ton more at ease with then for some reason afterwards.
    Definitely. When I talk to people that just don't think of that sort of thing I feel at a loss personally.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

If you don't see how unfair, biased, nonsensical, and not to mention unwarranted, your first post in this thread was, there is no point in even discussing this.