User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'm sorry sir, you get the succinctness prize, but you'll have to clarify your definition of jerkwad for all viewers please. What does jerkwad mean - to you?

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I'm sorry sir, you get the succinctness prize, but you'll have to clarify your definition of jerkwad for all viewers please. What does jerkwad mean - to you?
    I'm afraid we'll get an encyclopedia on this. ( )
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think each individual INF will have their own definition of jerkwad, along with behavior that they consider to be in that category.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Oh dear, how will all the different varieties of jerkwads out there know which individual NFP to pick then?

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Oh dear, how will all the different varieties of jerkwads out there know which individual NFP to pick then?
    Experiment. Explosions might ensue.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Can I watch?

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Can I watch?
    Sure, I'd choose a hot-headed INFP and smart-mouthed jerkwad with zilch self-awareness for a good match.

MBTI
    INFP

Got another good INF nonverbal:

INCHING

Inching in a certain direction is an INF's secondary nonverbal hint, reinforcing the nervous glance. If used in conjuction, both are usually directed toward an exit. The keen observer will likely translate this as the INF's attempt to make his "I need to leave" message more clear to a long-winded and short-sighted speaker.

What to do

Same rules apply as the nervous glance, only now they're more urgent. If an INF gets to this stage, he has lost any and all interest in your stupid point. His need to attend to other matters is about equal to his unwillingness to offend you by excusing himself, and he's starting to build himself up into a panic. He really needs to go take care of his business. NOW.

This is your absolute last chance to get your point made and end the conversation without a fuss. The INF's amazingly-resilient emotional dam is nearing its breaking point; if you don't stop now, the next step is that dam bursting and the INF becoming vocal. When an INF snaps, all that frustration at being forced to abandon his agenda by listening to your unimportant BS will come out in full force.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MFJAGgernaut-B View Post
    Got another good INF nonverbal:

INCHING

Inching in a certain direction is an INF's secondary nonverbal hint, reinforcing the nervous glance. If used in conjuction, both are usually directed toward an exit. The keen observer will likely translate this as the INF's attempt to make his "I need to leave" message more clear to a long-winded and short-sighted speaker.

What to do

Same rules apply as the nervous glance, only now they're more urgent. If an INF gets to this stage, he has lost any and all interest in your stupid point. His need to attend to other matters is about equal to his unwillingness to offend you by excusing himself, and he's starting to build himself up into a panic. He really needs to go take care of his business. NOW.

This is your absolute last chance to get your point made and end the conversation without a fuss. The INF's amazingly-resilient emotional dam is nearing its breaking point; if you don't stop now, the next step is that dam bursting and the INF becoming vocal. When an INF snaps, all that frustration at being forced to abandon his agenda by listening to your unimportant BS will come out in full force.
    Is there a similar version, but verbally blunt for the mind-reading/sensing handicapped? My emote scanner is sadly a far cry away from being able to detect bruised egos before they mature into a feeling stampede. If it does happen to catch something, it's out of pure luck. There's no doubt about the scanner's unreliability when it comes to delivering the same results.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    Is there a similar version, but verbally blunt for the mind-reading/sensing handicapped? My emote scanner is sadly a far cry away from being able to detect bruised egos before they mature into a feeling stampede. If it does happen to catch something, it's out of pure luck. There's no doubt about the scanner's unreliability when it comes to delivering the same results.
    1) Wrap up. If he's glancing and inching toward the door, that means you're playing into three of his biggest peeves: stupid BS, wasted time, and abandoning preplanned activities. You're not sharing extra pearls of wisdom, you're not giving him useful advice, you're not offering guidance. You're forcing him to give up more worthwhile activities to waste time he doesn't have listening to your stupid BS. Stop talking and dismiss him.

How's that?