User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 34

  1. #11
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whimsical View Post
    What about it would you say indicates underdeveloped fe?
    You need functional background here to see why.

    Introversion and extroversion are not actually personality functions themselves; they're directional attitudes of functions S/N/T/F.

    Basically, Jung says that each person has two sides to him:

    1) A decisive and organizational Judging function T or F, and
    2) A flexible, open and adaptable Perceiving function S or N.

    Also, one of these two will be used to govern the outer world of interactions with other people and ideas and things, and the other will be pointed inward to govern the private inner monologue and your own ideas.

    P types point the organizing drive inward; that is, they appear outwardly flexible and spontaneous because they keep the Judging process inward and more private.

    J types point the organizing drive outward, preferring to show the world their decisive and scheduled side in most cases. The more flexible attitude is kept inwardly private and not often shown to the outer world.

    If you want to be a balanced and healthy person, you need to learn to exercise both of these two processes in equal proportions. (For you as an INFJ this would be dominant Ni and secondary Fe.)

    As an INFJ you place more emphasis on your Ni than your Fe, but what you should aim to do is to become xNFJ over time. Truly balanced people appear neither introverted nor extroverted in the long run because they have good command of both of these functions and know which works best in which situations.

    Fe is in itself the ability to open up and use the emotions of others to respond properly and develop strong social rapport with people according to cultural and ethical community standards. The fact that this process is so slow and difficult for you indicates overdependence upon Ni and a comparative lack of development of Fe.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  2. #12
    Senior Member whimsical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    infp
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Lol it's not that slow of a process, though it can be in some places like parties where there are large groups of people and not enough time to get to know people one-on-one or even interact besides dancing.

    In more formal settings I am pretty excellent in talking with people and reading their emotions and formulating my responses based on those emotions. They can tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #13
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whimsical View Post
    Lol it's not that slow of a process, though it can be in some places like parties where there are large groups of people and not enough time to get to know people one-on-one or even interact besides dancing.

    In more formal settings I am pretty excellent in talking with people and reading their emotions and formulating my responses based on those emotions. They can tell.
    Well, you're the one who started a thread about being "too introverted."

    Clearly I know nothing about you personally except what you've told me, so it doesn't really help you to convince me.

    But if you are truly an exceedingly introverted INFJ, my advice should apply. If you're not, then it doesn't matter and there was no reason to start this thread in the first place.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  4. #14
    Kraken down on piracy Lux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    ^ That makes so much sense to me, thanks. I can identify with Whimsical about being an introverted introvert. I also agree that maybe my Fe does need work. It works well if I feel like utilizing it but it's harder to push myself in an uncomfortable (new) social situation.

  5. #15
    Senior Member whimsical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    infp
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    ^ That makes so much sense to me, thanks. I can identify with Whimsical about being an introverted introvert. I also agree that maybe my Fe does need work. It works well if I feel like utilizing it but it's harder to push myself in an uncomfortable (new) social situation.
    that's exactly it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #16
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    ^ Yup, that's the definition of underdevelopment of Fe/overemphasis on Ni.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  7. #17
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    There's nothing wrong with being introverted if it's a case of just not wanting to be around people. In fact I'd think of that as ambiversion.

    PS. I disagree on the idea that overemphasis on Ni means underdeveloped Fe. There's no reason that a person can't have have both developed function and still prefer one. Now if we're discussing underdeveloped individual, that's a different matter and it's sort of subjective really...

  8. #18
    Senior Member Coeur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Interacting as an introvert isn't bad, as long as you're still interacting with people.
    Everybody needs love.

  9. #19
    Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    951

    Default

    This is interesting. Not to take any emphasis from the OP, is there anything on developing Ne? Did a quick search and couldn't find anything.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

  10. #20
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    There's nothing wrong with being introverted if it's a case of just not wanting to be around people. In fact I'd think of that as ambiversion.

    PS. I disagree on the idea that overemphasis on Ni means underdeveloped Fe. There's no reason that a person can't have have both developed function and still prefer one. Now if we're discussing underdeveloped individual, that's a different matter and it's sort of subjective really...
    Well obviously; there's a difference between preferred functions and strongest functions.

    A natural INFJ will always prefer Ni, but should strive to balance it with Fe in order to achieve the best results.


    Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    This is interesting. Not to take any emphasis from the OP, is there anything on developing Ne? Did a quick search and couldn't find anything.
    Allow yourself to indulge more random thought patterns and trains. Verbalize them out loud to others before they are completed products! For INPs especially, Fi/Ti won't let the person release thoughts from his mouth until it's had time to double check for consistency--unfortunately this leaves you missing a lot of opportunities for great conversation, jokes, ideas, etc. that can gain you a lot of advantage in the right situations, because you're so focused on internal consistency.

    Basically, if you want to improve Ne, learn to accept and embrace failure as a means of learning. You must stop being afraid to be wrong.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Similar Threads

  1. [ESTP] Being too much of a catalyst.
    By Ribonuke in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2016, 12:41 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 01:13 AM
  3. Too much of concentration on a task
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 02:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO