• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP people, what is your profession?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Internal IT Service Desk. I've also done Hotel Night Audit and CSR at a department store. The result of fucking up, incurring more debt than needed, then fucking up again... LOL.

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
I want to be involved in the theatre scene as an actor and writer, maybe start some kind of independent theatre group with some friends I meet in the drama course I plan to do next year? A perfect, unpredictable, ever changing artistic life!

If this somehow doesn't work out, then I might be a Drama teacher at secondary school, and write in my spare time.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
Planning to study up on audio engineering.

Alchemiss

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Engineer/scientist in a corporate analytical lab (chemical engineer by training)

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I feel pretty good about my chances in taking on a more challenging (and rewarding) job again. Any suggestions for what to try next?

Update: I've decided to become a forensic accountant. It'll take a couple years, so hopefully I can stay focused and motivated long enough. Go me! :thumbup:

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
Neuroscience - PhD student - taking pictures of people's brains - INFP & love it :smile:.

ericajoy

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Children's and Teen Public librarian. Right now I'm staying home with the kids though.

ericajoy

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Neuroscience - PhD student - taking pictures of people's brains - INFP & love it :smile:.

I took some undergrad neuroscience classes, including a drugs and behavior and an honor's seminar with dissection and loved it! At the time, I considered starting over and devoting myself to cognitive science.

Linguistics also a passion of mine. I'm sure I would have loved being a linguist.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Double Major: Art History/Anthropology (with a focus on Latin America and Northern Africa)

*I take several film classes, too, (as if it were a minor but not really--uh long story) because I had a hard time deciding between it and Art History as my Second Major.

I have a pretty big workload, but I'm surprisingly not bogged down by it. I seem to grasp everything fairly easy.

Last edited:

mangos

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6&2
In school getting my PharmD so I can be a clinical pharmacist.

Maizy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Client Advisor at Domestic Abuse shelter, going to school for Public Relations to work for a non-profit org such as a shelter! Originally, I wanted to go into social work.. but apparently I'm too robotic and not quite as outwardly affirming as I need to be for that.

I'd rather work behind the scenes.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Maizy, I happen to know that some social workers do their jobs almost entirely by paper and phone. These include the screeners of reports of child abuse, endangerment or neglect; and also the determiners of eligibility requirements for benefit programs such as food stamps and gov't-funded health care.

Maizy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Is that so? I've only got a year of experience where I work. It's pretty hands on there. I work directly with the clients, and find that the more I do so, the more distant I become in the field. Don't get me wrong, I'm very passionate and devoted to this cause. I feel fulfilled to be employed at a place where my personal values are implemented.

I've got pretty strong boundaries because if I allowed my emotions out in the open too much, I'd be a basket case. The first few months of working there, I could hardly sleep at night. So now I just tend to be polite and distant and efficient, focusing on tasks to be done instead of emotions of either party-- because truth be told, I'm not very good at handling break downs and strong emotions of others.

My co-workers are very outgoing and bubbly and touchy feely with the clients. I have no idea how they do it. They're very involved emotionally.

I'd rather be organizing fundraisers and charity events and doing grant writing to ensure that there are funds for a shelter to exist in the first place. I have been told there is a social work option where this is exactly what one does, instead of hands on work with the clients. Is this sort of what you mean?

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
No. I was talking about state government social work, just with minimal client contact. What you're describing is private charity fundraising. With your apparent sensitivity, you may find the latter more emotionally rewarding, due to synchronizing with potential donors who are doing quite well.

There are probably not many public alternatives, but there are at least some, such as the very highly-specialized function of foster parent recruitment. I'm just saying, don't dismiss an entire segment (the gov't) of your chosen field without considering the details.