User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Double Major: Art History/Anthropology (with a focus on Latin America and Northern Africa)

*I take several film classes, too, (as if it were a minor but not really--uh long story) because I had a hard time deciding between it and Art History as my Second Major.

I have a pretty big workload, but I'm surprisingly not bogged down by it. I seem to grasp everything fairly easy.
    Last edited by neptunesnet; 09-18-2009 at 05:05 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6&2

In school getting my PharmD so I can be a clinical pharmacist.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Graphic Designer (print design)
    I'm studying to possibly become a Graphic Designer. Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    Meh?

Client Advisor at Domestic Abuse shelter, going to school for Public Relations to work for a non-profit org such as a shelter! Originally, I wanted to go into social work.. but apparently I'm too robotic and not quite as outwardly affirming as I need to be for that.

I'd rather work behind the scenes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Maizy, I happen to know that some social workers do their jobs almost entirely by paper and phone. These include the screeners of reports of child abuse, endangerment or neglect; and also the determiners of eligibility requirements for benefit programs such as food stamps and gov't-funded health care.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    Meh?

Is that so? I've only got a year of experience where I work. It's pretty hands on there. I work directly with the clients, and find that the more I do so, the more distant I become in the field. Don't get me wrong, I'm very passionate and devoted to this cause. I feel fulfilled to be employed at a place where my personal values are implemented.

I've got pretty strong boundaries because if I allowed my emotions out in the open too much, I'd be a basket case. The first few months of working there, I could hardly sleep at night. So now I just tend to be polite and distant and efficient, focusing on tasks to be done instead of emotions of either party-- because truth be told, I'm not very good at handling break downs and strong emotions of others.

My co-workers are very outgoing and bubbly and touchy feely with the clients. I have no idea how they do it. They're very involved emotionally.

I'd rather be organizing fundraisers and charity events and doing grant writing to ensure that there are funds for a shelter to exist in the first place. I have been told there is a social work option where this is exactly what one does, instead of hands on work with the clients. Is this sort of what you mean?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

No. I was talking about state government social work, just with minimal client contact. What you're describing is private charity fundraising. With your apparent sensitivity, you may find the latter more emotionally rewarding, due to synchronizing with potential donors who are doing quite well.

There are probably not many public alternatives, but there are at least some, such as the very highly-specialized function of foster parent recruitment. I'm just saying, don't dismiss an entire segment (the gov't) of your chosen field without considering the details.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so