User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default ENFP's and Decisions

To the ENFP, is making decisions incredibly difficult for you?

I have a really good friend/near boyfriend who struggles with decisions almost constantly. When they are small decisions, he over-analyzes and trips up over REALLY basic principles of the situation. When they are big decisions, he is extremely burdened by the weight of them. His mind is running 200 mph, and as he considers every possibility, he will change his mind moment by moment and can sometimes completely break over the pressure. At the same time, he strongly believes that it is important to be able to make good, wise, quick decisions.

Is this a common problem for you guys, too?

how old is he?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

MBTI
    ENFP

For me, that isn't the way I make decisions. I just make a decision by how I feel about it. I don't really think too much if that's a good or bad decision.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I'm terrible at making decisions. I do over-analyze little things, and when faced with a big decision it is really tough sometimes because I usually find out what all of my options are when presented with a situation, which makes for a lot of thinking.

I am pretty indecisive, too. Sometimes I'll put off making a decision until the very last second where I'll have to just go with one of them, whether I like it or not.

FML.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm worse with small decisions than big ones. like, what do i eat today??? arrr, i don't know. so i con other people into deciding for me. big decisions because of their innate bigness, i generally have more time to 'to and fro' as you might say, so i get all that out of my system, but i can generally decide on the right one eventually. usually on time as well.
    I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till I drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion. - Jack Kerouac

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

WHY do you think ENFP's have a hard time with this?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by WieldingTheSword View Post
    To the ENFP, is making decisions incredibly difficult for you?

I have a really good friend/near boyfriend who struggles with decisions almost constantly. When they are small decisions, he over-analyzes and trips up over REALLY basic principles of the situation. When they are big decisions, he is extremely burdened by the weight of them. His mind is running 200 mph, and as he considers every possibility, he will change his mind moment by moment and can sometimes completely break over the pressure. At the same time, he strongly believes that it is important to be able to make good, wise, quick decisions.

Is this a common problem for you guys, too?
    Does he have ADD?

MBTI
    GONE

It's not so much that ENFPs have hard time making decisions it's that ENFPs are terrified of making the wrong decision and it's irreversible and *forever*. :shudder:

I think once an ENFP gets more experience making decisions and having to deal with the outcome the better and more efficient they get at making decisions.

I think the crux of immaturity in any type is not wanting to deal with the consequences of your own actions.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP

I make quick decisions with a lot of things. But anything I can research I do a LOT of research. For example, I'll read a lot of reviews and shop around when making a major purchase. I may wait for a few months to see whether I really want it or it was just a passing desire.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger