User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Decisions are never as hard as we make them out to be, imo. Mine get pretty hard.. but honestly, the bigger the decision it seems like, the easier it is for me to come to a resolution. Smaller decisions tend to bother me more than major ones.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i make big impulsive decisions all the time but if given time i'll research the hell out of it first...but they're not easy either way...too much time and i'll confuse myself...not enough and i'm not sure if i made the right one and it drives me nuts.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp

im the opposite.

i delay decision making as long as possible. and i make the decision the last second. sometimes my decisions are made for me situationally because some options refuse to wait. in that situation, its really easy to make a tough decision and i have no regrets then. because obviously, if that option didn't wait for me, then it wasn't meant to be bc they didn't want to wait as much as the other option.

i love pressure. i wouldn't be able to do anything if it wasn't for pressure. it makes me thrive.

For me, it has little to do with indecisiveness, and a lot to do with not limiting possibilities. I get the line from an INFJ friend, "you know the answer so say it". If it is a better case scenario to not make the decision, I don't make it. Doesn't mean it isn't clear as day inside my head. NFJs tend to like snap decisions. I tend to think if it doesn't need to be decided instantly and damages nothing to look into it, why not wait.

On the randomly choosing things part, and looking confused. Look at the function descriptions, Ne types float ideas. It's just habit. It plays out the scenario of choosing that, like a trial run of the choice. Call it a real world consequences test .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFp

I have to make quick decisions to avoid thinking about the reasoning behind something. I have even worse, indecisive friends, so I end up having to make the restaurant choices and then have to deal with the criticism if things don't go according to plan. Same with movies.
    As a cure for worrying, work is better than whiskey.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I don't think I'm indecisive at all. Usually the best option sticks out like a sore thumb whether it's because it is in line with my Fi or because it's simply the more beneficial and practical approach. The bigger the decision the easier it is usually.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I am completely wishy-washy.. Probably doubt myself waay too much.

Must be the 'P' for possibilities.. I want it all!

MBTI
    UFO

I'm not an enfp(or am I? o.o) but I have this too. I'm extremely indecisive. I've developed this habit where I have to think of ALL possibilities before I decide, and I also tend to delay decisions and research them beforehand sometimes. This applies to small, medium, and big decisions alike.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    It's not so much that ENFPs have hard time making decisions it's that ENFPs are terrified of making the wrong decision and it's irreversible and *forever*. :shudder:
    Yeah, this is pretty much the only reason why I hate making decisions.

I think the crux of immaturity in any type is not wanting to deal with the consequences of your own actions.
    I agree, I think my situation stems from this, which points to my immaturity. So sad , I'm definitely trying to work on it though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

When I was younger, I was completely unable to make decisions.

I was paralyzed with fear of how my decisions would affect others -- and that the outcome of my decisions would be irreversible.

I've made some significant improvements, but, at age 34, I still have a long way to go.

The more I get in touch with what really matters to me, the more willing I am to make decisions.

The more decisive I become, the more at peace I am with myself, which ultimately makes me more at peace with others.

Unfortunately, I'm at a difficult stage right now, where I'm starting make bolder decisions, but I'm still living in fear of people's reactions.

I'm in defense-mode most of the time, and it really isn't doing me any good.

I would like people to be patient with me, and to try a little understanding.

And I want to be appreciated.

But I'm starting to realize I can't automatically expect it.

No one owes me patience, understanding, or appreciation.

They're either willing or unwilling to give it.

All I can do is keep developing my own values, so that I won't be so dependent on the approval of others.

I think the greatest decision I ever made was to start learning to make decisions.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ENFP

OMG... thats so me

Im now deciding between dinner + movies with some girls vs dinner and serious talk with a bunch of older workmates.

I made a rash decision and now im afraid of hurting the other party if i change my mind