• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] INFP variants -- Ne dominant vs. Fi dominant

Little_Sticks

Yeah sticks I don't even understand how you can think you're a Ti dom.

Here is a little quiz that says some basic traits that Ti types have-

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/18770-how-much-ti-do-you-use.html

Keep in mind that they do this stuff FOR FUN. Especially INTPs.

This is for Fi- http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/18773-how-do-you-use-fi.html

I really hope you have a good bullshit filter, because some of those things for Fi are just stereotypical.

Yeah, I'm definitely INFP then. I use Ti more as something to carve my life with and not because it is exactly fun. I guess I use logic as a value.

But I guess I've been so confused because I'm not really like the INFPs I see on forum boards who seem very Fe to me. And the INTPs don't regards feelings at all so I'm not exactly like them. And there is massive stigma with being an INFP, so I guess I was maybe happy or relieved to think I'm an INTP...lol, as crazy as that may seem.

If you're a 9 on the enneagram like I am, then your personality test results would be expected to be screwed up. Eventually, with enough life experience, you will see yourself more clearly and not need a test to tell you what you are.

For example, it took me a long time (and some painful mistakes) to figure out that I'm neither an INFJ nor an ENTP or whatever; I just respect the other types a lot, and so my test results were messed up by my efforts to be more like them (though I could never be mistaken for an S, no matter how much I tried). Now I finally know and like who I really I am: I'm a kaleidoscope, and I'm cool with that.

I'm definitely not a 9, I have very little Fe.

...Well alright enough about me. Where's purplesunset :steam: I wanna hear what else he has to say.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm definitely not a 9, I have very little Fe.

Where did you find out what Fe has to do with 9? I would be interested in learning more about the correlations between the cognitive processes and the enneagram. Sorry if this has been answered before; sometimes I skim right over things that I don't understand the jargon for yet.

FWIW, I finally got around to taking that test on keys2cognition.com and sure enough, my top two are Fi and Ne (followed by Ni and Fe Te [oops]). I can't decide if my reaction is "yay, I was right!" or "crap, it's really true" but anyway. there it is.

Last edited:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But I guess I've been so confused because I'm not really like the INFPs I see on forum boards who seem very Fe to me. And the INTPs don't regards feelings at all so I'm not exactly like them. And there is massive stigma with being an INFP, so I guess I was maybe happy or relieved to think I'm an INTP...lol, as crazy as that may seem.

Join the club.

Where did you find out what Fe has to do with 9? I would be interested in learning more about the correlations between the cognitive processes and the enneagram.

There aren't any correlations. The main correlations seem to be for the main 4 dichotomies and not the processes.

I'm a 9w8 INFP and my Fe is my least used process.

Little_Sticks

Join the club.

There aren't any correlations. The main correlations seem to be for the main 4 dichotomies and not the processes.

I'm a 9w8 INFP and my Fe is my least used process.

oh.

Then how does one know if they are a nine? I think I'm going to stick with mbti, that system seems very confusing. I could be a nine, but I don't really enjoy acting like people want me to make them most comfortable. It makes me too nervous.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh.

Then how does one know if they are a nine? I think I'm going to stick with mbti, that system seems very confusing. I could be a nine, but I don't really enjoy acting like people want me to make them most comfortable. It makes me too nervous.

That isn't what being a 9 is about at all. Where did you read that?

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4

According to: 9 - Enneagram Type Nine: The Peacemaker

Nines are accepting, trusting, and stable. They are usually creative, optimistic, and supportive, but can also be too willing to go along with others to keep the peace. They want everything to go smoothly and be without conflict, but they can also tend to be complacent, simplifying problems and minimizing anything upsetting. They typically have problems with inertia and stubbornness.

Basically 9's are more laid back and at peace with themselves but may sacrifice their own needs and be too 'agreeable' to avoid conflict. It doesn't really mean they'll accommodate to everyone.

Little_Sticks

According to: 9 - Enneagram Type Nine: The Peacemaker

Basically 9's are more laid back and at peace with themselves but may sacrifice their own needs and be too 'agreeable' to avoid conflict. It doesn't really mean they'll accommodate to everyone.

Hmm, I don't think I'm a Nine because I'm very in touch with my dark side and my growth is very much a Reformer. The Nine's don't seem so and have their growth toward Three, which isn't an interest of mine at all to become. I don't care about reaching someone's intended version of success or being known as a role model. I would hate that. In fact, I used to daydream about being some kind of Superman to people, but at the same time not letting them know who I was because I wouldn't do it for anything in return...I would just feel that the feeling of helping make people happier would be good enough and that getting recognition ruins all good that comes from helping; because otherwise, it isn't done because someone wants to and feels it's right, but rather that they will get something in return (recognition and maybe praise). I think it comes down to me being a 4w5 I would say. But hell if I know for certain. Maybe you're right, but I don't know.

I don't know if this is true, but it seems like Nine's are INFJs, which I know I'm not, to further add evidence, if this is true.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sticks, just get it out of your head that there are set correlations. :yes: There are some pairings that seem pretty unreasonable like a 4w5 ESTP, but other than a lot of these totally unreasonable ones anything is possible.

Little_Sticks

Sticks, just get it out of your head that there are set correlations. :yes: There are some pairings that seem pretty unreasonable like a 4w5 ESTP, but other than a lot of these totally unreasonable ones anything is possible.

Fine, jeez :steam: Whatever floats your root beer float boat :p

Little_Sticks

Oops, I am a Nine. I read the description slowly and carefully, as well as the success and stress numbers 3 and 6. That describes me pretty well :) ...finally, I've been trying to figure this crap out for a couple of years now.

That's unbelievably helpful.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Grats! I take it from what you said earlier about identifying with The Reformer that you're a 9w1 like me?

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Only along with a "dap". Fair warning, its cultural obscurity frightens Fox's hounds. ;)

terrorist-fist-jab.jpg