User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yeah sticks I don't even understand how you can think you're a Ti dom.

Here is a little quiz that says some basic traits that Ti types have-

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...o-you-use.html

Keep in mind that they do this stuff FOR FUN. Especially INTPs.

This is for Fi- http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ou-use-fi.html

I really hope you have a good bullshit filter, because some of those things for Fi are just stereotypical.
    Yeah, I'm definitely INFP then. I use Ti more as something to carve my life with and not because it is exactly fun. I guess I use logic as a value.

But I guess I've been so confused because I'm not really like the INFPs I see on forum boards who seem very Fe to me. And the INTPs don't regards feelings at all so I'm not exactly like them. And there is massive stigma with being an INFP, so I guess I was maybe happy or relieved to think I'm an INTP...lol, as crazy as that may seem.

Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    If you're a 9 on the enneagram like I am, then your personality test results would be expected to be screwed up. Eventually, with enough life experience, you will see yourself more clearly and not need a test to tell you what you are.

For example, it took me a long time (and some painful mistakes) to figure out that I'm neither an INFJ nor an ENTP or whatever; I just respect the other types a lot, and so my test results were messed up by my efforts to be more like them (though I could never be mistaken for an S, no matter how much I tried). Now I finally know and like who I really I am: I'm a kaleidoscope, and I'm cool with that.
    I'm definitely not a 9, I have very little Fe.

...Well alright enough about me. Where's purplesunset :steam: I wanna hear what else he has to say.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    I'm definitely not a 9, I have very little Fe.
    Where did you find out what Fe has to do with 9? I would be interested in learning more about the correlations between the cognitive processes and the enneagram. Sorry if this has been answered before; sometimes I skim right over things that I don't understand the jargon for yet.

FWIW, I finally got around to taking that test on keys2cognition.com and sure enough, my top two are Fi and Ne (followed by Ni and Fe Te [oops]). I can't decide if my reaction is "yay, I was right!" or "crap, it's really true" but anyway. there it is.
    Last edited by SciVo; 08-24-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Typo: my quaternary process is Te, not Fe.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

But I guess I've been so confused because I'm not really like the INFPs I see on forum boards who seem very Fe to me. And the INTPs don't regards feelings at all so I'm not exactly like them. And there is massive stigma with being an INFP, so I guess I was maybe happy or relieved to think I'm an INTP...lol, as crazy as that may seem.
    Join the club.

Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    Where did you find out what Fe has to do with 9? I would be interested in learning more about the correlations between the cognitive processes and the enneagram.
    There aren't any correlations. The main correlations seem to be for the main 4 dichotomies and not the processes.

I'm a 9w8 INFP and my Fe is my least used process.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Join the club.

There aren't any correlations. The main correlations seem to be for the main 4 dichotomies and not the processes.

I'm a 9w8 INFP and my Fe is my least used process.
    oh.

Then how does one know if they are a nine? I think I'm going to stick with mbti, that system seems very confusing. I could be a nine, but I don't really enjoy acting like people want me to make them most comfortable. It makes me too nervous.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

oh.

Then how does one know if they are a nine? I think I'm going to stick with mbti, that system seems very confusing. I could be a nine, but I don't really enjoy acting like people want me to make them most comfortable. It makes me too nervous.
    That isn't what being a 9 is about at all. Where did you read that?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

According to: 9 - Enneagram Type Nine: The Peacemaker

Nines are accepting, trusting, and stable. They are usually creative, optimistic, and supportive, but can also be too willing to go along with others to keep the peace. They want everything to go smoothly and be without conflict, but they can also tend to be complacent, simplifying problems and minimizing anything upsetting. They typically have problems with inertia and stubbornness.
    Basically 9's are more laid back and at peace with themselves but may sacrifice their own needs and be too 'agreeable' to avoid conflict. It doesn't really mean they'll accommodate to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by RBounce View Post
    According to: 9 - Enneagram Type Nine: The Peacemaker

Basically 9's are more laid back and at peace with themselves but may sacrifice their own needs and be too 'agreeable' to avoid conflict. It doesn't really mean they'll accommodate to everyone.
    Hmm, I don't think I'm a Nine because I'm very in touch with my dark side and my growth is very much a Reformer. The Nine's don't seem so and have their growth toward Three, which isn't an interest of mine at all to become. I don't care about reaching someone's intended version of success or being known as a role model. I would hate that. In fact, I used to daydream about being some kind of Superman to people, but at the same time not letting them know who I was because I wouldn't do it for anything in return...I would just feel that the feeling of helping make people happier would be good enough and that getting recognition ruins all good that comes from helping; because otherwise, it isn't done because someone wants to and feels it's right, but rather that they will get something in return (recognition and maybe praise). I think it comes down to me being a 4w5 I would say. But hell if I know for certain. Maybe you're right, but I don't know.

I don't know if this is true, but it seems like Nine's are INFJs, which I know I'm not, to further add evidence, if this is true.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Sticks, just get it out of your head that there are set correlations. There are some pairings that seem pretty unreasonable like a 4w5 ESTP, but other than a lot of these totally unreasonable ones anything is possible.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

Sticks, just get it out of your head that there are set correlations. There are some pairings that seem pretty unreasonable like a 4w5 ESTP, but other than a lot of these totally unreasonable ones anything is possible.
    Fine, jeez :steam: Whatever floats your root beer float boat :P

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Fine, jeez :steam: Whatever floats your root beer float boat :P
    *gives you a root beer* There is plenty to go around! We're floating in it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.