User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    It seems like Se is more of a validation of Fe. I did something the other day for a friend and half way through I noticed she looked at me and smiled. That was my validation, that is what my Se searches for. I can get Fe fixes but it requires input from others instead of something I go out and do on my own. It helps me be more confident, I lack confidence with my people skills so I really need people to get better at it. I need the interaction and the validation to help build it up my people skills.

To be happy when I am by myself I physically challenge myself. One example is I want to be able to do a barrel roll with my jet ski, its a 3 person so its more of a challenge than one of the smaller 1 or 2 person ones. I want to be able to do it on the fly and be able to go into it and pull out of it smoothly. The challenge to me is fun and it feels good when I go all out and I see people just stop to watch me.
    ^ ISTPs are so interesting. See, I might talk this way about playing an instrument, but you guys are all about action in a bigger setting, and in such a way that risks bodily injury. Heh. Difference between Si and Se, right there.

I can see my Te being a validation of Ne, but I don't get the sense that it's been that way with Si-Fi. Si helps me reflect, but Fi seems to be more an end in itself to me. I don't need Si to validate it.

Anyway, this is off topic. Just thinkin out loud.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberrylover View Post
    ^ ISTPs are so interesting. See, I might talk this way about playing an instrument, but you guys are all about action in a bigger setting, and in such a way that risks bodily injury. Heh. Difference between Si and Se, right there.

I can see my Te being a validation of Ne, but I don't get the sense that it's been that way with Si-Fi. Si helps me reflect, but Fi seems to be more an end in itself to me. I don't need Si to validate it.

Anyway, this is off topic. Just thinkin out loud.
    I guess I was more focusing on
    I look at the more simple-minded and superficial people going about their lives, and notice I don't seem to be necessarily more happy, just because I like to think about stuff like psychology, philosophy or any other so-called deeper topic.
    and what I believe drives this urge to want to delve deeper into subjects like psychology. It seems like a tertiary Te in ENFp. One way Te protects Fi is to logically convince others of something in a way to protect your feelings or possibly what you need or want. You NEED to be smart because it will help you in being better able to protect your feelings or what drives your feelings with the use of logic. This need may be alot stronger if Fi feels like it is being supressed by logic. You may feel vulnerable if you feel like someone is using logic to supress it.

Urges to me is caused by a need that is not being met. It is our body mentally pushing us to meet this need. I think the action used because of an urge is what we know how to do to satisfy that need. Just a thought but I think sometimes we tend to logically rationalize this action to make it "ok".