User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram

Default NFP spirituality

How do you get back in touch with spirituality?

I don't know any of you. I am just jumping in because I am feeling kind of lost and my kids are both sleeping and who knows how long that will last.

I am totally agnostic, but I feel like I need some spirituality in my life. Maybe some mother earth or drum circle rhythm or yoga or something. How do you get back to some spirituality when it hasn't been a part of you for a long time. And it is definitely not a part of your partner.

Has anyone else been here? I feel like I have lost a large part of me and I don't know how to find it.

Here's a challenge for you.
    Ask God to prove himself to be real to you.
    What's the worst that can happen?
    Nothing, nothing, nothing is impossible with GOD.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Get in touch with yourself. It is inside you. Push everything aside going on in your life and do some reflective thinking to get engaged with yourself.

I think I am very spiritual, but sometimes it comes and goes. I've surrendered to trying to always keep it intense, and giving it up to some supreme force that I have faith will take me down the path of life. I think a lot of it has to do to surrendering and realizing you aren't in charge, a lot happens that you have little control over, and the best you can do it remain a shining diamond in the face of trouble.

Spirituality isn't a thing you follow. You don't need Yoga, a drum circle, or any of that. Spirituality is you, yourself, and the universe. Try to reach this. Set everthing temporary and superficial in its place and take a step ahead of it so you can't see it. Listen to your soul sing, and let it take you. The possibilities are endless and the path is unknown.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...you know when you're in a period of introspection and trying to figure out why things happened or are happening the way they are...maybe you're outside at the park with your kids or alone on the couch at night...just explore those reasons...see if you can make spiritual connections that feel right to you...or explore various spiritual websites or books...just reading...figuring out what you think about them.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Go for a walk in nature. Leave your cell phone at home, take some food and water with, maybe a blanket. Find a spot that speaks to you and take your shoes off. Sit down if you want to. Let it come to you
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nKSq2tV1kE"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nKSq2tV1kE"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE].

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram

In the past a lot of my spirituality came from having long discussions with people about their perspective on spiritual possibilities and how they see the world. I love when I encounter someone who blows my mind with some new possibility, like when I heard a Hindu guy tell a Christian evangelical, "I understand Jesus, but why ONLY Jesus." I had never really thought about that question before. I don't always find many answers and I am ok with that, but I used to find possibilities. Maybe that is what I am thirsty for -- something to blow my mind, to make me feel the magic in life.

My life has become so mundane. I love my children and my husband, but I'm missing something. I don't feel energized like I used to. I feel needy, moody and self-centered and boring and bored. I am totally in a funk and I want out!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah i totally relate to that...love those sorts of exploratory conversations as well...and love that perspective from hindu guy.

sorry you're bored...enfp curse...or...blessing..whichever way you react to it i guess..
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Being in nature is a very spiritual experience for me. I tend to have spiritual experiences alone as well in groups with others. I feel that being alone in nature in silent prayer or simply a sort of meditation while walking really feeds my spirit. Sometimes I'll just create a space at home with candles and incense for a time of meditation, prayer, reflection, whatever. Studying spiritual texts can be helpful too. For me that is.

It's a very individual thing. Sometimes I go to a liberal Christian church, and I've even slipped quietly into several Catholic masses on occasion, but going to church too regularly makes it feel like religion rather than genuine spirituality.

I wish you the best on your quest to find what will be best for your reconnection with spiritual things.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

you are probably on what they call a spiritual plateau. I was on mine for nearly a year, it was beginning to physically hurt me because my body was reacting to my negative feelings. I had a spontaneous healing or something the other day it's quite weird actually but I'm enjoying it a lot!

I feel and move literally like I'm 5 years younger.