User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Like you EnFpFer, I gain a great deal of satisfaction from volunteering, but I don't see is exclusively as an introvert vs extrovert thing - I test pretty close I vs E, and there's no one around who would think me an introvert. But ya, I am, I think. Maybe I should change my avvy to iNFP.

It was around when my kids were around 5 though that I realized that even a full glass of water can get drunk dry. I still tend to overdo it even now, but I look for a better balance overall. That's why I advocate more one-on-one sensory pursuits as a balancer. And again definitely join a mom's group!

And since our OP identified as xNFP I just wanted to show perspective from my side of the house too.

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    And true about the nursing too. Once you stop, you will feel more like yourself. I nursed for over three years straight. I don't regret one day of it, but I am so glad that I'm done!
    That's fabulous - I nursed my son to almost a year (took some medication and had to stop) and my daughter till she was 2 and a half. Very bonding. But yes, it was good to get my body back to myself too! ericajoy, keep on nursing tho - it's a special time to treasure in your children's lives.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Like you EnFpFer, I gain a great deal of satisfaction from volunteering, but I don't see is exclusively as an introvert vs extrovert thing - I test pretty close I vs E, and there's no one around who would think me an introvert. But ya, I am, I think. Maybe I should change my avvy to iNFP.

Apparently people think I am an extreme extrovert(and more of a T), but in reality I'm almost right in between E and I. Balance is indeed super important!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

xNFP's rule! Let's all change our avvys!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ohhh what do you suggest
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

We are the mysterious force of x - as an xNFP, we are poised to take over the world! No one can stereotype us as silly or emo. We just ARE.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    We are the mysterious force of x - as an xNFP, we are poised to take over the world! No one can stereotype us as silly or emo. We just ARE.
    The mysterious force of X...mmm. So how does that translate into an avatar? Lead by example, sweetheart
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram

just checking in and seeing where you are all heading and I'm loving it! I appreciate all of the perspective expressed here.

Yay breastfeeding! I'm not going to stop nursing anytime soon. I'm very dedicated to it, and it is one of the parts of mothering that gives me a lot of satisfaction even though it is limiting. The bond is amazing. Breastfeeding is spiritual for me, but it is harder for me to be in the moment with it when I have a toddler's list of demands in my ear.

In the past when I have worked in selfless roles, I had a hard time with feeling like I wasn't making a difference; that no matter how much of myself I invested, the world's problems were still there! I really tried to focus on small improvements in the lives of individuals, but sometimes situations were so beyond my influence. (I am a children's librarian by education and my first job out of grad school was in a low-income inner city library in Pittsburgh.)

Now, I try to find the time to do things that I feel like gives me a creative outlet and that will help my family / children in some way, like knitting my daughter a sweater or baking my family fresh nutrient-rich bread. And there is something spiritual to me about these pursuits too. The wool and flour come from the earth and we are able to learn to use it to nurture ourselves.

How do you think that having a very balanced e/i effects you? I actually found this forum yesterday when searching for the differences between e/infp. I was asking my husband what he thinks about e vs i for me and he says I am moody. Definite tendencies toward isolating, but definitely need a lot of social interaction too.

Thanks for all the help. I really need it. But the kids are now both crying and I can't focus on anything else. So I am going to just post this as is.