• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP: tired of being me

revolve

hey ENFPs . . . do you ever just wish so bad that you weren't an ENFP? Don't you wish that you cared less about relationships? Aren't you so tired of being the one concerned with how the other is feeling or what they are thinking or whether or not THEY are having fun? Aren't you sick of always wanting deeper meanings, deeper conversations more meaningful connections and interactions? Don't you just wish you had more patience? Don't you wish you didn't care so much? Don't you really really really wish you didn't need others acceptance like you do? Don't you wish you could be happy all alone . . . truly happy / satiated / satisfied / fulfilled etc. etc. the way INFJs & INTJs are . . .

maybe i just want some cheering up . . . sorry guys to be such a downer:)

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Sure, sometimes I wish I could function differently... I would liken being an ENFP to being drunk and sometimes... just sometimes I would like to be sober :(

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yup. You sound like you're burned out a bit. Go home, snuggle a kitten, take a bath and play some minesweeper. Don't feel guilty about hating the world for a week and being unreachable during that period :hug:

It happens to the best of us.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Sure, sometimes I wish I could function differently... I would liken being an ENFP to being drunk and sometimes... just sometimes I would like to be sober :(

Oh yeah, good choice of words. :cry:

I feel that way sometimes, especially wishing I cared less about people and relationships.

Yup. You sound like you're burned out a bit. Go home, snuggle a kitten, take a bath and play some minesweeper. Don't feel guilty about hating the world for a week and being unreachable during that period :hug:

It happens to the best of us.

Haha yep, snuggling kittens always works for me. :p

revolve

wild horses - i feel out of it quite a bit . . . it's like i'm in a "haze" or drunk like you said ha ha! i guess it's the NFP combo deal that makes us feel "drunk" . . .

revolve

Um . . . i love you guys . . . (amargith, berberella, wild horses) you made me feel better in 2 seconds!!! i wish i could start an ENFP commune . . . how fun would that be? oh gosh i need to try & stay on topic . . .

dani_elle

MBTI Type
ENFP
I love being an ENFP.

One thing I wish I could do though, is cut myself loose from toxic relationships.

Although I can be a social butterfly, I will tend to grow close to only a few and to those few I will be supremely loyal. Sometimes, too loyal until I can forget about myself and be blind to people who use me.

I do get rid of them - eventually, but somehow I have a lot of trouble with it and I drag it out so much longer than I should.

And .... I happen to envy people who are J's! they seem to have it all together, whereas I'm the disorganized and somewhat absent minded kind. I have gone out with the intention to write an essay but still managed to forget my laptop somehow. Yep, its pretty bad...

I pretty much love being crazy though. Hurhur.

revolve

Although I can be a social butterfly, I will tend to grow close to only a few and to those few I will be supremely loyal. Sometimes, too loyal until I can forget about myself and be blind to people who use me.

I do get rid of them - eventually, but somehow I have a lot of trouble with it and I drag it out so much longer than I should./QUOTE]

me too totally!!! what is up with this? hate it.

dani_elle

MBTI Type
ENFP
revolve: We care too much!

Its getting to the point I'm getting quite paranoid to who I get close to! Sigh!

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Um . . . i love you guys . . . (amargith, berberella, wild horses) you made me feel better in 2 seconds!!! i wish i could start an ENFP commune . . . how fun would that be? oh gosh i need to try & stay on topic . . .

Haha good luck with that, as an enfp it should be quite the challenge, anyway I'm glad you are feeling better now. :)

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And .... I happen to envy people who are J's! they seem to have it all together, whereas I'm the disorganized and somewhat absent minded kind. I have gone out with the intention to write an essay but still managed to forget my laptop somehow. Yep, its pretty bad...

This.

I mean, I'd rather be an ENFP than any other type (the exuberance! the ideas! the compulsive exploration!) but hell, I'd be a better person if I could summon some inner J. I mean, in the name of P I've gone so far as to move to a new city with no place to stay. Which sucked and wasn't at all as bohemian as I thought it would be. Ah, romantic naivety :rolleyes2:

But anyway, GO ENFP! We're lucky, we have a lot of love to give and a lot that naturally comes our way. We are always creating and pushing forward. You're lucky, dear OP, to be ENFP. So are we!

So many goddam rhymes just there. Sorry :wink:

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't you wish you could be happy all alone . . . truly happy / satiated / satisfied / fulfilled etc. etc. the way INFJs & INTJs are . . .

We are :/ Seriously? INFJs tend to anxiety out the ass. Life can be bigtime miserable sometimes for us.

I'm a highly disorganized for a J. The grass isn't always greener.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I want to trade in my eNF license for an eNT or eSF one.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I've thought this for the longest time, Revolve. :(

I only linked it to being an ENFP to a certain degree, though. I just always seemed paranoid and hypersensitive to others around me, how they were feeling, what you wanted, etc etc etc. I drives me crazy.

I really wish I could be more indifferent sometimes. Not have so many worries and let my mind ease a little. I think hypersensitive is the correct term to use for me, in regards to others emotions.

ilovelurking

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know what I like about ENFPs? They're warm, very caring and expressive people. Talks a lot too. I don't mind them talking so much (actually, my ENFP friend can get a tad quiet, when it comes to me, than usual and expects me to talk more *lol*) Me being INFJ wishes I'm like that more often. (I do care for people but you guys seem to be able to express it a lot easier.)

Treasure your love for all things fun and just keep being who you are 'cause I can't do so much of those without burning myself out (in such short time.) :)

Sacrator

MBTI Type
ENFP
Being a ENFP is nice. I would hate being a ITJ because i would just be overanylzing, lonely and lack good social skills. you can still enjoy being alone and can enjoy thinking about things on a very deep level as a ENFP.... your not handicapped. But i can tell you now if you were to compare the happiness to a ITJ to a EFP i betcha EFP would be much higher.

Chloe

hey ENFPs . . . do you ever just wish so bad that you weren't an ENFP? Don't you wish that you cared less about relationships? Aren't you so tired of being the one concerned with how the other is feeling or what they are thinking or whether or not THEY are having fun? Aren't you sick of always wanting deeper meanings, deeper conversations more meaningful connections and interactions? Don't you just wish you had more patience? Don't you wish you didn't care so much? Don't you really really really wish you didn't need others acceptance like you do? Don't you wish you could be happy all alone . . . truly happy / satiated / satisfied / fulfilled etc. etc. the way INFJs & INTJs are . . .
maybe i just want some cheering up . . . sorry guys to be such a downer:)

yup, all the time. Actually if I could change one letter it would be F to T.... :cry:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've thought this for the longest time, Revolve. :(

I only linked it to being an ENFP to a certain degree, though. I just always seemed paranoid and hypersensitive to others around me, how they were feeling, what you wanted, etc etc etc. I drives me crazy.

I really wish I could be more indifferent sometimes. Not have so many worries and let my mind ease a little. I think hypersensitive is the correct term to use for me, in regards to others emotions.

Give it time. It takes time to learn how to wield mighty Fi :D
Also, I've found this forum to be awesome for learning how to use it properly. Don't give up, at some point you do find a balance...most of the time. And once you do, Fi rocks ;)

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Being a ENFP is nice. I would hate being a ITJ because i would just be overanylzing, lonely and lack good social skills. you can still enjoy being alone and can enjoy thinking about things on a very deep level as a ENFP.... your not handicapped. But i can tell you now if you were to compare the happiness to a ITJ to a EFP i betcha EFP would be much higher.

working with ITJ's isn't much better, trust me :doh: I'm generally cool with ISTJ's as people though, but culture-wise, its definitely not E,F, or P.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I mean, I'd rather be an ENFP than any other type (the exuberance! the ideas! the compulsive exploration!) but hell, I'd be a better person if I could summon some inner J. I mean, in the name of P I've gone so far as to move to a new city with no place to stay. Which sucked and wasn't at all as bohemian as I thought it would be. Ah, romantic naivety :rolleyes2:

Heh, you too? I didn't even bother to get a job first, let alone a place to stay, but it was a fun couple of months... until the financial and emotional apocalypse.