User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by revolve View Post
    hey ENFPs . . . do you ever just wish so bad that you weren't an ENFP? Don't you wish that you cared less about relationships? Aren't you so tired of being the one concerned with how the other is feeling or what they are thinking or whether or not THEY are having fun? Aren't you sick of always wanting deeper meanings, deeper conversations more meaningful connections and interactions? Don't you just wish you had more patience? Don't you wish you didn't care so much? Don't you really really really wish you didn't need others acceptance like you do? Don't you wish you could be happy all alone . . . truly happy / satiated / satisfied / fulfilled etc. etc. the way INFJs & INTJs are . . .

maybe i just want some cheering up . . . sorry guys to be such a downer
    Sometimes I wish I could just get down to my feckin' work and do it without feeling the constant urge to ring or IM someone for a chat!

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    This, but I also worry that if I don't talk I'm being too standoffish and cold and that I need to lighten up and join in the conversation.

Can't ever seem to find a happy middle.

Does anyone ever think of something to say, then halfway through saying it think "No, that's stupid, say something else" then think "but you're already saying it, you'll look weird if you just stop" and so on and end up standing there looking like an idiot while they watch you expectantly?

I do that all the time.
    Yep

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Every 7 years I'm someone else.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFP

hey ENFPs . . . do you ever just wish so bad that you weren't an ENFP? Don't you wish that you cared less about relationships? Aren't you so tired of being the one concerned with how the other is feeling or what they are thinking or whether or not THEY are having fun? Aren't you sick of always wanting deeper meanings, deeper conversations more meaningful connections and interactions? Don't you just wish you had more patience? Don't you wish you didn't care so much? Don't you really really really wish you didn't need others acceptance like you do? Don't you wish you could be happy all alone . . . truly happy / satiated / satisfied / fulfilled etc. etc. the way INFJs & INTJs are . . .

I can empathize with how you are feeling. I love being an ENFP but there are times when I feel the same way...especially with relatinships. In the beginning everything seems so great, because you are just getting in it, but eventually you start walking around on egg shells because you are constantly breaking apart everything that they do and say. "He/she said bye to me differently today, does this mean something? Do they still want to be with me?" or "I wonder if I made them feel bad when I said that comment a 2 days ago, and whether that's the reason why the seem distant today?"

It can be exhausting, always trying to stay in a state of constant connection with the people around you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I used to feel like this all the time (still do sometimes). What saves me is this thought: Maybe I'm overreacting/overanalyzing. It's the relief function, Te, kicking in. If you can step back and assess whether or not all the emotions are appropriate (for example, "Did Bob actually mean to ignore me, or was he just really busy studying?"), you can save yourself a lot of energy and heart-ache.

As for being accepted by everyone, that need can fade over time. Once you accomplish something or develop some skill that is objectively useful (ex. being a computer whiz, designing a water purification system for a third world country, etc.), you can hold on to that as your source of value instead of whether or not everyone likes you.

Lastly, I don't think INFJs or INTJs have it so easy. They're humans, and humans need to connect with others. In their case, it's a little harder to connect because they're in their heads so often, but that doesn't make things easier (it probably makes things harder).

I know you were just venting, but I think that as you continue to develop and become more balanced, a lot of these problems will decrease in severity.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    ENFP

Yes being an ENFP is hard, really hard. But honestly, we are just so great.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Yeah I do, but I'm a 4w3. Melodrama's in my blood.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Yes! I feel like I'm the only one who cares sometimes. I feel so tired all the time, I just wish I could have my energy back…

Stansmith

I sometimes hate being a dork. I can only imagine what all the ENTJ 3w4s think of me

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I commented on this earlier, but I just read the whole thread and felt like commenting again. It's good to hear from ENFP kindred. You all understand.

Sometimes I really wish I weren't an ENFP. Sometimes it feels like we're wired to be the least socially-adjusted, least productive, least independent people. Sometimes it feels like I have no control over my emotions, or my environment. Sometimes I wish I could just approach the world at face value instead of being so affected by implied meanings. Sometimes I wish I was better at being sure of my commitments, that I didn't care what others thought, or that I could just take an hours-long drive alone and not desperately need human interaction again once it was over.

But then sometimes... I'm so glad I care about relationships. My family means the world to me and I try to be a good daughter, sister, granddaughter, and girlfriend, and I'm proud of that. I wish I had time to properly love and care for everyone in the world. I'm so glad I'm concerned about whether everyone is having a good time because I tend to pick up on the people who are being left out or who are feeling particularly down, and I'm good at drawing them back in. I love how I see the world as imbued with magic because I do look for the deeper meanings. It's incredible the sort of patterns that run deep throughout the veins of existence. I like that I can't take a surface-level conversation and not veer it into a conversation about whatever means most in that other person's life, because I think it's important to talk about what matters. I'm glad I'm a future planner and have a hard time stagnating. I'm glad I seek others' acceptance because it has taught me how to connect with all sorts of people and how to reconcile very different points of view. I'm glad I can't be alone for too long because I want to use my life to help others, and I'm probably not being very useful in that way if I'm alone.

Being an ENFP can be so hard but it can also be so rewarding. I can't imagine giving up my warm fuzzy feelings of connection, which to me are the soul of existence. As much as I've fantasized about being some perfectly polished J, I'm also learning how the more I reach into myself to nourish who I am, the more I'm becoming who I want to be. It's like it's already coded into us and we just have to listen and trust that we have the power within ourselves to be everything we need.