User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Barack Obama is an ENFP. If he can handle it, you guys probably can.

Let me hear you: YES WE CAN!

Glad I'm an ENFJ

"Do as you're told! (unless told otherwise)"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

but...but...he's an enfj isn't he?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    4's and wanna-be INFPs can relate to this too....
    And real INFPs also feel this restlessness and craving for connection, and deeply care about relationships, including others relationships, but I guess we attempt to accomplish them in a totally different manner.

Quote Originally Posted by will5250 View Post
    And real INFPs also feel this restlessness and craving for connection, and deeply care about relationships, including others relationships, but I guess we attempt to accomplish them in a totally different manner.

how different ? care to explain?

Because after all that talk about enpfs and infps i still dont see whats the difference for real.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    how different ? care to explain?

Because after all that talk about enpfs and infps i still dont see whats the difference for real.
    First I want to say I am fascinated by your avatar. It looks like the young woman is leaning hard against a wall of water.

I am curious which talk about enfps and infps you are referring to. It amazes me how different infps and enfps can be considering that both types utilize the same preferred and shadow functions, just in a seemingly slightly different order yet those minor differences make a much larger difference than I would expect though I only knowingly know one enfp IRL, and though we have many similarities, she and I are as different as night and day, in our approaches.

I'll refer you to this web page on interaction styles. They explain it better than I can. Interaction Styles

You will notice that enfp tends to use what they call a "Get Things Going" style and infp tends to use a "Behind the scenes" interaction style. The latter certainly describes me. I will more often approach a person one on one in a more private and personal manner, and make suggestions, offer insight, try to show them the situation through the other person's eyes if I have that insight to draw upon, and I do encourage the person to seek other sources of information, or else provide it to them, but whether anything gets going or not is up to the person that I am trying to encourage.

I am curious how much the get things going model describes the way you tend to approach relationships; and thank you for asking.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by will5250 View Post
    First I want to say I am fascinated by your avatar. It looks like the young woman is leaning hard against a wall of water.
    Heh...It's a perspective thing. It's a girl with her legs on the edge of a pool and her body in the water...Turn the camera sideways, and viola...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    Sure, sometimes I wish I could function differently... I would liken being an ENFP to being drunk and sometimes... just sometimes I would like to be sober
    +1

I will even take this a step further to say I am even physically more sensitive to intoxicants, I can suppress their effects at will or feel loopy off of anything nontoxic and natural... especially if it's exactly what I need at that moment!

MBTI
    ENFP

You know what I hate about being ENFP?
    I usually end up talking so much that I don't even realize what I'm saying, and end up thinking it over later and feel terrible for saying it. Then I just HAVE to apologize even though nobody else seems to care...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by ice princess View Post
    You know what I hate about being ENFP?
    I usually end up talking so much that I don't even realize what I'm saying, and end up thinking it over later and feel terrible for saying it. Then I just HAVE to apologize even though nobody else seems to care...
    This, but I also worry that if I don't talk I'm being too standoffish and cold and that I need to lighten up and join in the conversation.

Can't ever seem to find a happy middle.

Does anyone ever think of something to say, then halfway through saying it think "No, that's stupid, say something else" then think "but you're already saying it, you'll look weird if you just stop" and so on and end up standing there looking like an idiot while they watch you expectantly?

I do that all the time.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Yup. You sound like you're burned out a bit. Go home, snuggle a kitten, take a bath and play some minesweeper. Don't feel guilty about hating the world for a week and being unreachable during that period

It happens to the best of us.
    I know this was posted last year but it was just what I needed to hear... even though it was not directed at me. Thanks people for all your posts, they help others too.