Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by revolve View Post
    hey ENFPs . . . do you ever just wish so bad that you weren't an ENFP? Don't you wish that you cared less about relationships? Aren't you so tired of being the one concerned with how the other is feeling or what they are thinking or whether or not THEY are having fun? Aren't you sick of always wanting deeper meanings, deeper conversations more meaningful connections and interactions? Don't you just wish you had more patience? Don't you wish you didn't care so much? Don't you really really really wish you didn't need others acceptance like you do? Don't you wish you could be happy all alone . . . truly happy / satiated / satisfied / fulfilled etc. etc. the way INFJs & INTJs are . . .

maybe i just want some cheering up . . . sorry guys to be such a downer

Yeah, I think herein lies the ENFPs greatest strength and weakness. The ability to see the strength/weaknesses in others (and ourselves) can make us feel weak at times. You have to appreciate yourself for your strengths. You can clearly see your weaknesses, so try and improve them, don't make yourself feel bad because of them.

I like the depth, empathy, and connections but at times get frustrated with the confusion or scattered-ness (ok that's not a word) that my disorganized nature can cause. That said, this same disorganized nature can help me make sense of chaos too, so I try and focus on that aspect if I am feeling down.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    I have definately expereinced times when I have become very aware of an emptiness inside of me and sometimes, unfortunately, I have pressed a self-destruct button to fill it. It's like I have to do something extreme to fill the gap because my awareness of it is just so intense!
    Hmmm, *starting to wonder about bring xNFP* I can definately relate to this.

Could you elaborate on the 'emptiness'? Where does the lack of ??? come from?
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    ENFP

It's the strangess thing as I can't really describe the emptiness that I feel but it is almost like an emptiness coupled with a restlessness and it can be really insatiable. It a longing but I'm not sure what for. I'm not always conscious of it and it's almost like on occasions it gets satisifed but I'm not really sure by what... I just notice that in those instances I feel complete and a sense of bliss.
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    ENFP

I hate that I want to be my own person but have this stupid need to be liked by people. What the hell, right?
    I am an ENFP but I value justice over mercy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    It's the strangess thing as I can't really describe the emptiness that I feel but it is almost like an emptiness coupled with a restlessness and it can be really insatiable. It a longing but I'm not sure what for. I'm not always conscious of it and it's almost like on occasions it gets satisifed but I'm not really sure by what... I just notice that in those instances I feel complete and a sense of bliss.
    that restlessness...that's a type 7 thing i think...i know that feeling.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Reading this forum and this post has been an eye opener for me. It has really helped me sort of put my confused, mix of emotions and turmoil into perspective and help me understand the way I am and why I feel the way I do.

It is true, we involve ourselves in a way that makes us attached and unable to seperate our emotions and needs from others. I usually do have my guard up, but it seems like the people who hurt you most are the ones you let your guard down to, because you seem to have some kind of connection or understanding, which is why you allow them in the first place.

We feel this emotional "emptiness" because we aren't receiving the same affection and care that we think we deserve from others, probably because we put more into it and are more emotionally invested in it.

The ability to be able to "feel" to that deep level is a blessing and a curse. When things are going well and the affection and understanding is returned, then I believe most of us feel very happy and complacent. But when they aren't, its much much worse. We torture ourselves over other people's decisions and judgement. There are people who appreciate those qualities in someone, but I think it can be overbearing.

I am feeling the exact same way though, with the emptiness and feeling like I am not satisfied and want more from some people. I realize you just can't force it, because not everyone understands and feels things the way we do.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

We are :/ Seriously? INFJs tend to anxiety out the ass. Life can be bigtime miserable sometimes for us.
    QFT
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFP

I love being an ENFP. Caring about relationships is what makes it all worthwhile. Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it sucks, but having the capacity to care like this isn't something I'd readily give up.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    that restlessness...that's a type 7 thing i think...i know that feeling.
    4's and wanna-be INFPs can relate to this too....
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

This is a pretty cool thread. I identify with pretty much every post (including the INFJs not being exactly happy)